Friday, June 28, 2019

Dr. Sarriera

'today, June 28th, I had my MRI of my brain.  Thank goodness for Ativan.  Even the open MRI machine puts me in panic mode.  Got through it okay.  So noisy.  Actually slept through some of it.  45 minutes of banging, tapping, hammering.  Had my head in a cage to keep me from moving it.  Ativan helped me through that part for sure.  Asked for a CD at the end.  Now we have to give the CD to the surgeon.  That appointment is July 5th.  Dr. Garcia.  Also a part of the Orlando Health complex.  Then from that appointment, we have to decide what is next.  Radiation, surgery with possible radiation or continue on the Panobinostat hoping the tumor with shrink.

Took another Panobinostat today,Thursday, June 27th.  Have one more to go.  So far so good.  Side effects are minimal.  Keeping them check with some over the counter meds.  After tomorrow, I will be off them for 2 weeks.  I have to finish my two days of Kyprolis Tuesday and Wednesday.  Dex Tuesday.

Very tired still.  Hope this all passes with a good nights sleep.  Heading there soon.  Just a small update till I see the surgeon.

Hope you all have a happy 4th.  We will be celebrating with Michelle and Gery, Sandy and Denny, Susie and Gary.  So happy for Sandy and Denny to be here.  Friends make up our lives especially when they are "old" friends.  Their company and our beautiful new friends we could do without, Michelle and Gery, will make me forget for a day about my Multiple Myeloma.  Plus add in the mix, Susie and Gary.  Good day!!!  Anxious for it to get here.

Each time you go to 5LP you have to sign in.  This is the lab draw floor and treatment room floor.  Same questions all the time.  Date, appointment time, arrival time, have a port, seeing the doctor today, your name and your doctor's name.  So today, I put Dr. Sarriers's name in place of mine.  I scratched it out and put mine.  It was YoYo's turn to call someone back.  I heard her say Dr. Sarriera's name and thought - oh, he must be in the treatment rooms and they are looking for him,  Then I heard laughter at the desk and my name said.  They were all laughing as I walked up.  Fun peopled.  They make you forget a bit.  They make you feel part of their group.  Wonderful.


Quote:


You got what it takes but this cancer journey takes everything you got.  





1 comment: