Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Pole

Monday night, October 12th, was our Myeloma support group meeting.  And what another great meeting.  We had two wonderful speakers.  First an 49 year old man that has been battling Myeloma for several years.  Two transplants and still is fighting.  His journey is an inspiration to us all.  Then we had a Doctor (sorry can't remember his name) speak about Myeloma and also about Pomalist, a Celegene drug.  Wonderful info.  This was our yearly Thanksgiving pot luck meeting.  Lots of yummy food.  Also, this was our IMF (International Myeloma Foundation) fund raiser.  The IMF is our supporter of our group.  These meetings are my happy place for a few hours.   Next month is our yearly Christmas dinner at PF Changs.  I hope Bill and I order better than we did last year.  LOL.

I had my Darzalex, Dex and Kyprolis treatments yesterday.  This is the first of my every other month for Darzalex.  Next one isn't until December.  Have another Kyprolis treatment today.  The Kyprolis treatments will be 2 times a week for 3 weeks and then off a week.  Dex will be taken every Tuesday no matter if I have treatments or not.  Just came of 13 days of nothing but Dex.  Still have my ups and downs of no drugs.  But the Saturday, Sunday and Monday were great.  Will have to see what my days will bring with only having Darzalex every month.

Today is my 2 year birthday.  Yep, I am 2.  Been 2 years, November 14th,  since my transplant.  Pulled all those stem cells out a few days before, cleansed them and on the 14th put them back.  It's been 2 years and almost 4 months we have been fighting this ugly, incurable disease.  Fighting we have been.  Through my ups and downs.  Through my tears and fears.  Through my hopes and prayers. Through my family and friends support and prayers.  Through my chemo treatments and radiation treatments.  Through my Pet Scans, MRIs, X-rays, Cat Scans.  Through my doctor appointments, emails to my oncology team, phone calls to the team.  Through my bone marrow biopsies, Myeloma biopsies, lab draws, port insertion.  Through my days of fatigue, mood swings and more tears.  Through all this and more with my wonderful, supportive care beside me.  Without Bill I would not have been able to get through my fighting this disease.  And continue fighting we well as some of these "throughs" will continue.  Fight we must until a cure is found.  Through our continual days of treatments etc, we must fight.  And we will fight.

So several weeks ago while stopped for a red light on the way to the Cancer Center, I watched as a guy on his cell phone reading a text I guess, walked across the street.  I continued to watch him as he stepped up on the sidewalk.  He walked about 2 feet still reading something on his phone and ran right in to a pole.  This pole was even painted yellow.  It was a great way to make my day.

My quote is one that I stole from a friend's FB post.  Thanks Nancy.

Quote:

Worry is a conversation you have with yourself about things you can not change.  Prayer is a conversation you have with God about things he can change.


No comments:

Post a Comment