Thursday, December 27, 2018

Dick Cheney.

Christmas Eve open house at Kristi and Matt's was another successful one for them.  A total of 87 adults/ kids attended and oh, 7 dogs.  Wow, you two did it again.  At one time, I couldn't see from the kitchenette area through the kitchen to the dining room.  Lots of good food, good drinks and wonderful people.  Let's do it again.

Sasha and Ellie came home with us to spend Christmas Eve night.  We went over to see the luminaries lined up on the street in Michelle and Gery's development.  So pretty.  Girls settled pretty early.

We were up around 8.  I had to wake the girls up so we could make our traditional monkey bread for Christmas morning.  Sasha asked if monkey bread was a Christmas thing with everyone.  No, just a tradition I started years ago with them.  Breakfast served and we all settled down waiting for Kristi, Matt and Mom to get here so we could open gifts.  Seemed like forever to the girls.  They got here about 10:30. Gifts opened.  Late dinner started.  We had invited Andy and Marilyn over to share our Christmas dinner with us.   And a visit from Michelle, Gery and Sharon was the perfect end to our day.  Last year I was sick starting Christmas Eve until about the 15th of January.  Not this year.  I was so totally able to enjoy our day.

Yesterday, December 26th, I had my infusion of Kyprolis.  First labs were drawn but not without me fighting, along with YaYa, for my Myeloma labs to be drawn.  Didn't see it in my chart.  This time I had my orders from Dr. Sarriera in my pocket.  When I mentioned these labs were to be drawn, Sam (a new employee) called a charge nurse and she looked at my charts and said that she didn't see anything in my on line chart about them.  I handed my orders to Sam and he still said not to be drawn as there was nothing in my chart.  Grrrrr!  That's when YaYa (lab draw assistant) got involved.  She explained to Sam that the order I had was valid.  Took the order and went to see the charge nurse.  All settled finally.  Sam tried to look on line to see what color tubes (the lids of the tubes are different colors to denote the typed of test the lab needs to perform) would be needed.  He then talked to another nurse who was drawing labs also.  He had 3 tubes out and then I questioned that.  Told him usually there are 5 tubes.  Grrr!!!!   Again, he consulted the other nurse.  All said and done, I convinced them what I thought was to be drawn.  I have been doing this draw for 2 years and I think I should know.

Today, December 27th, I talked to the oncology nurse that was accessing my port for todays chemo drip.  She was one that I have had several times in the treatment rooms.  I asked her why my orders didn't show up for my Myeloma labs?  She explained there were two places they should be looking for orders.  Asked me to tell Dr. Sarriera and staff to put my orders in as live orders and this should solve the problem.  Got my infusion and on my way.

This week is my 3rd week so I will now until January 8th be free of chemo drips.  I will only have to take my Dex next Tuesday.  12 days free.  12 days!  I will battle some fatigue for a day or so.  A rash on my face for a day or so.  A swollen drug face for a day or so.  A I could eat and eat for a day or so. Insomnia for a day or so.  Hot and cold flashes for a day or so.  Thirsty for a day or so.  And a few other side effects for a day or so.  Hopefully, off a day because of Christmas, I will be able to feel decent by Monday.  Then have a day or so of feeling that way until we start again January 8th.

I have an appointment with Dr. Sarriera on January 9th.  We will be discussing another pet scan, my labs, putting in my orders for Myeloma lab draw as live orders and another appointment after my scan to discuss where we will be going from there.  As I mentioned before, I will be staying on Darzalex and Kyprolis and Dex as my maintenance plan since I have aggressive Myeloma.  Just something I have to live with.  Something that will help me live.  Still have those quilts to make.

Sometime in October of 2017, yes 2017, we saw signs go up about a missing cat.  Also, read about this cat on Next Door (a web site for our surrounding neighborhoods).  He went missing and so many were looking for him.  Well, one year and 3 months later, Dick Cheney, was reunited with his owners on Christmas Day 2018.  Yes, one year and 3 months.  Wow.  Not a lot being said about his return and where he has been.  But Dick Cheney is home.

Quote:

It's okay to cry.  Sometimes tears are liquid prayers.






2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Aunt Kathy and to the rest of the FL family. CA family sends Holiday love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good Christmas. Now wish you all a Happy New Year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete