Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Home.

Been a bit since I posted.  Have a lot to say so warning of a long one but I have to do this so I can remember.  Some may be personal but have to do this so I can remember.  My words, my stress relief,  my blog.  So glad that you are following me.  I do appreciate it.

As I mentioned Dr. Sarriers did not make me reschedule my chemo for the week I had off during Thanksgiving.  That was great.

My appointment with Dr. Sarriera was December 7th.  All labs back and ready for his review.  I visited them in my portal along with Bill and all looked good to us.  Just needed his "YES" they were.  And we got that.  Dr. Sarriera was happy with my numbers.  M-spike was 0.1, same as last month.  Blood counts good, platelets where they should be, good, good, good.  We discussed me stopping the potassium (horse pill) at my suggestion.  He said no.  We discussed my weight gain.  Hate it so.  I am seriously going back to Weight Watchers in January.  Dr. Sarriera didn't have a problems with me doing WW.  Louise, where are you???

Dr. Sarriera will have me stay on plan as schedule till the end of January.  3 weeks on, 1 week off. Darzalex once a month during the first week.  Dex every week even off week.  I have an appointment with him on January 9th.  At that time, he will discuss a Pet Scan being scheduled.  Once Pet Scan results back and we see if the small mass by my thoracic spine has dissipated, I will probably only have to go to the Cancer Center once a week.  Plan goes like this - week one will be Darzalex, Dex and Kyprolis.  BUT the Kyprolis will be a double dose.  Week two - Kyprolis (double dose) and Dex.  Week three - Kyprolis (double dose) and Dex.  Week four - no infusions only Dex.  Then start over again.  This may be a long time plan.  He doesn't want me to be on a "nothing" plan.  The Myeloma I have is the aggressive type so we want to prevent the return of it.  Treatable but not curable so we will continue to treat this ugly disease.  Dr. Sarriera, Abbey, the rest of his team, Bill and I will continue to treat this ugly disease.

December 10th week was sooo busy.  Morning of the 10th I had my annual mammogram.  Results are back, all good.  Evening of December 10th was our annual Myeloma support group holiday dinner at PF Changs.  I love our support group and was very happy for this get together.  Posted a nice picture on Facebook.  This night concluded our toy drive for the cancer kids at Florida Hospital.  More later on that.  December 11th was my Darzalex, Kyprolis and Dex the first week of my new cycle.  Long day.  Sharon came over to sit with Tommy since it was a long day.  Thanks Sharon.  December 12th was Kyprolis and Dex.  December 13th was my colonoscopy.  Was good with only 1 polyp.  Hate the prep but love the results. Then December 14th was a stay at home and relax day.  And we did just that.

December 15th - I picked up Sasha and Ellie.  We did lunch at Panera.  Then they decorated the tree.  They are both getting taller so the decorations are able to be put higher on the tree.  So glad they like to do this for us.  Sasha went in the garage with Pap to looked through and take some of his old albums.  She got a turn table for Chanukah.  Meanwhile, Ellie mixed up dough for Snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies and Russian tea cakes.  And put them in the fridge for Sasha and me.  We baked, stopped for dinner and baked some more.  Girls then decorated,  through tons of laughs, their annual Gingerbread house.  Construction workers they are not.  Even got Pap involved in this.  December 16th - Matt picked up Ellie around 9 for Sunday school and Sasha slept till 11.  Sasha and Pap took a ride on the scooter.  She loved it.  In the late afternoon, Sasha and I went for a walk and she took my hand as we crossed the street and said - Aww, Didi and Sasha time.  Precious to my ears.  Dinner Sunday night with all the Kleins.

On to December 17th our support group delivered the toys we collected to the Florida Hospital kids cancer wing.  Ken, Cynthia, Maurice,  Joyce, Bill and I were there to do this.  Very heartfelt.  14 year old down to 24 months.  We plan on doing this again.  Ken, Bill and I had lunch then.  Was a wonderful day.

December 18th - Kyprolis and Dex day.  Tonight the 18th was Mom's holiday party at Savannah.  Kristi, Sasha, Ellie and I were able to go.  Fun time for all especially Mom.  She loves it.  Tomorrow, December 19th, I will finish out my week #2 infusion of Kyprolis.  December 20th - Bill has a colonoscopy.  Done then for the week.  My next infusions aren't until December 26th and 27th.  Then done until January 8th.  Looking forward to this week off.

So pretty much ready for Christmas.  All shopping, mostly Amazon, done.  All wrapping done.  Just need to do gift cards and donations yet.  Have a few things I need from grocery store which we will do probably Friday early.  Kristi and Matt are carrying on our PA tradition again this year but in FL with a Christmas Eve Open House - second one.  Wish all our PA family and friends could join us. :(
Sasha and Ellie will be staying with us on Christmas Eve, another tradition even though we are in FL now.  Christmas Day will be the Kleins, Mom and us. Some time that day our wonderful, special, great neighbors and awesome friends, the Tremaines- Michelle and Gery, will visit.  Wouldn't be the same without them.  Sharon will be with them this year.  And maybe Tucker will come along. As you can see it was a very busy month for us with still things to finish.  We got this don't we hon??

Bill and I gave our ticket to Thomas to get our car for us.  Only waited a bit and we saw it coming in the area where we retrieve it.  As our car was getting nearer, we started to head out to get in.  The valet guys hold the doors open for us.  As I get closer, I see a man about ready to get in.  Okay, so I am thinking this wasn't our car.  But I took a closer look and saw the butterfly and dragonfly hanging around the rear view mirror.  This is our car.  Someone said to the guy, I think your are getting in the wrong car but he kept walking.  I think it was Bill that finally told the guy again.  He finally stopped and started to laugh.  He said to Bill - okay, but will you take me home??  Watched to see what car he got it and it was a light green Hyundai.  We have a burgundy Honda.  See, I keep telling you chemo brain is for real.

Quote:

Today, well lived,  makes every yesterday a dream of meaningfulness and every tomorrow, a vision of hope.















2 comments: