Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day 48

Today is my 48th day since my transplant.  48 days of getting more energy.  48 days and a lot more to go.  I have gone on a few trips to the grocery store, to the airport, several golf cart rides ( thanks Gery), walked up the street a few houses, visited Michelle and Gery, did laundry, ran the vacuum several times, cooked several meals and had Christmas Day here.  So in those 48 days, I have added more and more "doing" things.  The first several days were hard.  Didn't do much except sleep and sit on the couch.  Started walking around the pool about the 2 week (I think) for exercise (like I used to in Chambersburg when I went to Weight Watchers - Louise).  Started at 2 laps and now I am up to 34.  Bill and I figured out that 24 laps equal 1/4 mile.  Heading towards that 1/2 mile and that mile.  Each day or two I feel stronger and have more energy.  Still have those days where I am tired and don't do much.  I have been doing a little crocheting.  Made a hat.  Now making a "something"!  HA!  Also, thanks to Judy, I have been doing word seeks and fill in crossword puzzles.  Ordered a new quilt book and even got out a quilt that I was working on previously to look at the directions.  So I am thinking maybe soon I may open that sewing machine and get started again.  My biggest problem right now is my neuropathy.  Feet and hands.  Drugs do help some but not a lot.  Doctor increased my dosage.  My hands get so cold sometimes and tingle like pins are in them.  I drop things occasionally because I don't really feel what I am picking up.  Even as I am typing, my fingers feel like they are sleeping.  Still keep using them though.  Figure the crocheting, writing in the crossword puzzle book etc can't hurt.  Feet are the same way.  Tingling, feel like they are sleeping, feel like my feet are swollen  (they're not) and I am walking on golf balls at times.  Most times walking will ease them some.  Funny, huh?  My hair.  Well, I see myself in the mirror and at times I think, who is that alien?  LOL  Wear a lot of hats.  My head gets cold then hot.  Off and on goes the hats.  I have one that a friend of my sister Cheri made me that has become my favorite.  It's knit but not a heavy yarn like some I have.  I feel my hair is growing back in.  I told Bill the other day that when I walk, I can feel it blowing in the wind.  :)

Had an appointment on Friday for my Zometa drip.  That's the drug that helps strengthen my bones.  Do that one every 3 months.  Next appointment is January 16th with Dr. Sierrera for another follow up.  Then in February, we head back to Tampa for an appointment with Dr. Ochoa.

Would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year.  Again thanks for following me.

Quote:

Supporting the fighters, admiring the survivors, honoring the taken and never, ever giving up hope!






4 comments:

  1. Don't get dizzy going in all those circles!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, my positive and determined sister. New year, new you. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see this update.. one day soon when your up to a mile or 2 around the pool I can see you jumping in and floating on that inner tube and yelling I kicked your ass "c"!!! Love you BFF!!!! I will think of you when your head/hair gets itchie and you check for ants and is the window opened???lol remember???? keep on smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete