Wednesday, February 15, 2017

3 Months

I forgot to mention in my post yesterday it was 3 months yesterday since my transplant.  Time has past quickly but a slow quick.  3 months ago I could barely get down a cup of pears.  3 month ago I was only drinking a sip of water or liquid. Then only to take my medications.   3 month ago I was in the hospital barely awake most days.  3 month ago after eating and drinking what I could, I would get sick and bring it all up.  3 month ago I was counting the days till I was able to leave the hospital and be an outpatient from a hotel suite. 3 month ago I was awaken every 4 hours to have my vitals taken or to take medications.  3 month ago Bill was sleeping on a sofa bed because he had to be with me 24/7.  3 month ago I had to drag myself to the shower each morning.  3 month ago I had no energy.  3 months ago there were days that I care not to discuss on here.  I have blocked out a lot from 3 months ago that Bill tells me about.

Fast forward to 3 months later.  3 months later I just finished pork chops, baked potato and peas for dinner.
3 months later I am drinking lemon water all day long.  3 months later I sleep all night (with the exception of bathroom breaks).  3 months later I take my meds during the day and no vitals are taken every 4 hours.  3 months later I am able to eat and drink without getting sick.  3 months later I am home where I wanted to be all along.  3 months later Bill no longer has to be with me 24/7 and no longer has to sleep on a sofa bed.  3 months later a shower is part of my morning routine.  3 months later I have energy.  Not all that I will have but I am working towards it each and every day.  3 months later I am celebrating my progress so far.  3 months later I know I have a while to go but in 3 months from now, I will be closer to being my "new" self.

Quote:

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar!








1 comment: