Saturday, February 25, 2017

To be or not to be!

That was the question when I started on my Revlimid this week.  This is my maintenance chemo pill. As you all know, I had allergic reactions to Revlimid when I was first diagnosed.  Two times, two different doses, two times allergic reactions.  Well, let's make it three.  Into my fourth day, I started with a rash around one ear and the back of my head.  Then on the fifth day, it started around my waist and under my bra area.  So phone calls to my oncologist on Friday.  Talked with Desiree who consulted with Dr. Sarriera and was taken off the Revlimid.  I asked her to ask him if he wanted me to see if I could "weather" it out.  He said it was only going to get worse.  Guess the answer is - not to be!   So off the chemo pill and on the steroids.  And we know how steroids affect me; hungry all the time, can't sleep, mood swings crying.  But maybe not since it's only 21 pills.  On day two and seems okay.  And the rash is almost gone.

Not sure what maintenance drug he will try, if any.  For sure not Velcade.  I have an appointment on Tuesday with Dr. Sarriera so will be discussed then.  There is a plan for me.  Just not sure what it is going to be.  One Person knows though.  I just want to get to the point where I am told I am in full remission.  I need to hear that to ease my mind some of the constant not knowing when this cancer is coming back.  I need to hear that so I can worry about something else.  ;)  Even though I can never say "I HAD CANCER" and have to say "I HAVE CANCER,  just knowing that I am in full remission  will help me ignore the above HAD AND HAVE.  Will help Bill and I live our lives pretty much as before cancer but with different priorities just hearing the words full remission.

Have had several outings since the last time I posted.  Even felt confident enough to eat at a restaurant.  Two times to be exact.  Sandy, Denny, Bill and I went to Noodles and Company on Thursday this week and then on Friday, Sandy and I went to Smashburgers.  Both places are places I really like.  Kristi introduced them to me!  Also on Friday, Sandy and I spent about 1 1/2 hours in Joann Fabrics.  Another favorite place of mine.  I spent most of my time in the quilting section pondering over the material.  A happy time for me.  A time not thinking about anything but quilting.

I am now walking about 1/2 hour each day.  I know it doesn't seem like much but it's a stepping stone for me.  We try to add another area in our walk every few days.  And the weather here is fabulous.  Still a little chill in the air, I get cold a lot.  I know it's nothing like my family and friends are experiencing in PA but I do mind it.  My appetite has been returning more and more every day.  I have even gained some of my 26 lbs back.  I don't seemed to get as tired.  I feel I have more energy.  Not there fully but dang, I am getting there.  Makes Bill happy to see me progressing as I have.  He still worries over me and I don't mind a bit. Don't think I could have gone through all this without his support and mostly his love!  Things like this just pull you closer together no matter how close you were before.

My goals in the next few months are to finish decorating my house, sew, get to the beach, sew, maybe get to a spring Yankees game, sew, walk more, sew, help Kristi and Matt more with the girls, maybe some yard work and did I mention sew.  Have lots of "QUILTS TO MAKE"!

Quote:

Your life is your story.  Write well.  Edit often.











8 comments:

  1. Did you ever consider taking up sewing?
    Lol
    Love you, Mom! You're doing great!
    Dick Cancer! (If you don't know where that is from, read your texts from Friday night lol)!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may take up sewing!!!

      I know where that was from. Ugh. ;)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Better and Better with each report. Praying for great days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. Your prayers are most welcomed.

      Delete
  3. Yes! Love reading these posts!! You are such an amazing & STRONG lady!! We love you lots Kathy!! Keep on keepin on! Big Hugs to you and Bill!!

    p.s. lovin your goals, especially the Yankees game!! ;)

    ReplyDelete