Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Hello Mrs. Snowberger.

Cycle 3, week 3, day 2.  And the end of another cycle.  My 13 days off.  My chemo vacation.  My will feel half way decent in about 3 to 4 days.  My not having to run to the Cancer Center 2 times a week.  My Uber drive Bill's vacation.  My just putzing around the house days.  It's amazing how 13 days are so freeing to me.  Took them for granted for so many years.  Life sure does change.

Got to the Cancer Center around 1.  Signed in and was taken back to the draw station as they called it today.  Had to have my lines put in and also a lab draw today to check my bilirubin numbers.  Only one tube of blood.  That was a first in a long while.

Once that was done, I was sent back to room 15.  Oncology nurse today was Mike again.  Next to Patrice, he is my favorite.  Full of knowledge.  Explained it would be a bit until labs were back, which we knew.  Then once back, would have to then contact Dr. Sarriera if over 1.5.  That's the limit Dr. Sarriera set before a call to see if okay to go on with the Kyprolis drip.  They came back 2.2.  Lower than yesterday but still high.  Call into Ketty to contact Dr. Sarriera as to his instructions.  Came back okay to administer the Kyprolis; which had already been mixed and delivered to the room by the pharmacy.  Usually on Tuesdays they do not have to wait on labs before mixing.  Mike started the drip and we were on the road home by around 3.

Now I am waiting to hear from the scheduling department as to my times and days of my next 4 to 6 cycles.  Hoping for the Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 12:30 and 1:30.  I figured I will be doing treatments until sometime in February if we go 4 more and sometime in April if we go 6 more.  Whatever Dr. Sarriera does if okay by us just so we can knock this Myeloma out of me and give us some peace of mind for a long time.  Been dealing with Myeloma since last July, 1 year and 4 months ago.  Even though it's not curable and only treatable at this time, I don't want to be dealing with this magnitude of Myeloma next year this time.

Hello Mrs. Snowberger.  Picking up today?  That is what we heard as we walked in to the pharmacy at the Cancer Center today.  That is a good feeling when they call you by your name.  Hate that it's to pick up drugs though.

Quote:

Never let a stumble in the road be the end of your journey.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you and I so wish I was there to help! Love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete