Sunday, November 26, 2017

Icicles.

Just a quick update since I haven't been on for a while.  Started my Cycle 4, day 1 and day 2 last Tuesday and Wednesday.  Also, had my immunizations on Wednesday.  Only 4 of them.  Could not administer the polio vaccine.  It's a live vaccine and couldn't be done since I am currently during treatments.  Thanks to the pharmacist that reviewed the orders for these vaccines.  I felt very proud of my Cancer Center.  I am but one of thousands of patients but this pharmacist did their job and stopped my polio vaccine from being administered.  The other four that were okay were injected in to my muscles, two in each arm.  I must say, they hurt!!!!!

My sisters are here.  My sisters were here.  Both my sisters flew to FL to spend Thanksgiving with me, Bill, Mom and Kristi and family.  Mom knew that Cheri was flying in from CA but had no idea Deb was flying in too.  She was really surprised.  They both got here on Thanksgiving day.  Deb leaves tomorrow and Cheri on Tuesday.  We really had a great time.  Laughing, reminiscing, crying, shopping, eating and things that sisters do.  I was able to hold my own with them even though I was tired.  Glad they came after day 1 and 2 of my cycle as till the end of cycle, I am totally wiped out.  Then I have my 13 days to recover.

Mom was able to spend time with Cheri and Deb too.  Kristi picked her up on Thanksgiving morning and we just took her home today.  Very upsetting for her to say goodbye to them.

My Kerri has been having a battle with her health too.  She was admitted to the hospital a few days before Thanksgiving.  Breathing and oxygen problems.  Has been discharged.  Still battling it.  Hoping and praying they get this straightened out.  She is on her way to healing but has a long way to go.  I hate that I am not closer to help her through this.  So glad she has a wonderful, caring husband and wonderful, caring kids.

We finally have a bit of winter weather in Florida as I have seen icicles in the trees on the way to the Cancer Center.  No wait, I do believe they are Christmas decorations.  ;)

Quote:

Friends pick us up when we fall down and if they can't pick us up, they lie down with us and listen for a while.
















1 comment: