Thursday, November 2, 2017

Weight Watchers.

Cycle 3, week 1, day 1 started on Tuesday, October 31.  I was to have my labs drawn for the Multiple Myeloma tests to be done.  Of course because of the mix up 3 weeks ago, there weren't any new orders written requesting the labs.  This was to be taken care of but apparently got lost.  These labs are to be done a week before my appointment with Dr. Sarriera as some of the tests take a bit longer than others.  Since I know when I am to get what labs, I questioned my tech.  He looked to see what and how many extra tubes to draw so this would happen for me.   Thank you Nick.  Once lines were in my port, labs drawn, we went in to my room to wait results from labs so they could mix my Kyprolis accordingly.  Took a bit like always but finally results back.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  Bilirubin was high but down from last week.  Pharmacy mixed my Kyprolis, plugged me in and soon done.

Day 2 stated out early for us.  Had a mammogram appointment first.  Then there was some time in between that appointment and my chemo drip.  We were able to get in a bit early for the drip so we didn't have to sit around and wait.  Had one of my favorite oncology nurses, Patrice.  My blood pressure was measured at 146/102.  What??? This was taken in the lab room when they where they put in the lines for my port.  Usually about 112/58.  Patrice took it again and it was 116/58.  I think the first machine wasn't working, don't you?   Got my Kyprolis without a real long wait.

Okay so all this time and I am waiting for lab results to be added to my portal.  And we got them.  GREAT news!!!!  Just needs verified by Dr. Sarriera.  My Para Protein is 0.  My IFE Impression (serum) says no monoclonal bands detected.  My IFE Impression (urine) says no significant  protein.  So this means, there isn't enough detectable Myeloma to measure.  This is so what we want to hear.  This is so what we need to hear.  Can't wait for my appointment with Dr. Sarriera next Tuesday.

Today, Thursday, I had a CT scan for a pain that I have in my right side.  I have had this pain for quite a while.  Have had CT scans before while living in Chambersburg.  They never find any thing.  My family doctor ordered the scan.  So we will see what or if they find anything this time.

On Tuesday, Oct 31 all the persons on LP5 (the floor where my chemo is administered), were wearing t-shirts with WW in glitter on the front of the shirt.  Asked my tech, Nick, what it stood for.  All I could think of was Weight Watchers.  Duh.  Wonder Woman!!!

Quote:

Cancer is an ugly disease but the beauty of your life after cancer is worth fighting for.







6 comments:

  1. Love this !
    Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Great news..you are doing wonderful...thank you to Bill too fir looking after you the way he does!! Prayers, positive energy, laughter, tears, love, friendship ,hugs, and God, will now maintain those numbers!!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Awesome news Kathy!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful news!! Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete