Monday, December 11, 2017

Doug

My lab test results are back.  They all are good with the exception of my light chain ratio.  It's still low and not near the normal range.   Normal is .2600 to 1.65.  My results came back at 0.0546.
Dr. Sarriera wants this number to be in the normal range.

Since I do not see Dr. Sarriera until December 20th, I asked Ketty to have him review my lab results since my light chain ratio was low.  I received this email regarding my Pet scan and lab results:

Hi Kathy, So both Dr. Sarriera and Abby looked at your labs and your PET. Dr. Sarriera states that this can happen at times for various reasons. Since your Pet was negative, he's not concerned with the results at this time. He would like to keep monitoring it, make no changes to your treatment and repeat your labs in 4 weeks. Ketty

Great email, great labs, great Pet scan.  Great news!!!  Of course, I will be asking what are the various reasons.

I will begin my next cycle, cycle 5, of treatments the 19th.   Have a few days off except for my Dex (steroids) which I take tomorrow morning.  Maybe, just maybe, after this cycle and the next, I will be able to go on just a maintenance plan.

Kerri and Paul had a heifer that was due to drop a baby soon.  Well at 2 AM a few days ago, she had to have a C-section.  Baby too big.  After the vet, delivered via the section, Kerri asked him what his first name was.   When he told her, Kerri said then that will be this bull's name.  Doug.  His name was Doug.  Doug and mamma are both doing well.

Quote:

Be thankful for what you are now.  Keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment