Friday, August 31, 2018

2BR

Today's appointment with Dr. Sarriera was great.  First, I had to get up at 6:15 because we had to leave the house at 8 AM for my 9 AM appointment.  And this is Friday, my tired day.  But I was ready and out the door at 8.

Abby came in first and talked with us.  Reviewed all my questions and comments.  Left and came back with Dr. Sarriera.  He was very happy to tell me the MRI brain scan showed no change in the hazy area.  Great news.  We discussed my labs.  All great.  My M-spike is .1 this time.  Very minute Myeloma that is not measurable.  Again, great!!  I will see him again in 4 weeks.  At that time, we will schedule a Pet scan.  This is to see the progress of my chemo on the Myeloma area by the spine that was biopsied back in May and to make sure nothing else has popped up since the last Pet Scan.  With all the good news, I don't think we will see anything.  I am ready for remission for the next 25 years.

My potassium has been up and down the last few visits.  So it was decided to put me on a potassium pill permanently.  At least for the time being.  Also, I am to go back on Hydrochlorothiazide.  This pill is used to treat high blood pressure by getting rid of extra fluid.  My blood pressure has been higher than we like.  Today it was 160/90 at the doctor's office.  Two more pills added to what I already take.  Ugh.

Bill and I got on the elevator to go to the first floor and go home.  There was a several persons already  in the elevator.  One of them look at us and said "You two really look familiar."  Bill said "We have been coming here for 2 years so we probably do."  She asked if I had my port put in at the Cancer Center.  Yes.  She said she probably was my prep nurse for the procedure on floor 2BR.    I then recognized her.  We both remembered she was the one who took my 24 hour collection to the lab so I could be there earlier than scheduled.  That was good for a laugh before she go off on floor 2.  Can't remember her name but remember she was a good prep nurse.

Quote:

Someone said "I don't know how you do it."  I said "I wasn't given a choice."




No comments:

Post a Comment