Monday, August 27, 2018

Benn

Darzalex and Dex on Tuesday and Kyprolis on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week.  Thursday was an okay day.  Friday was my I don't have any energy and very tired day.  But I had to go to the Cancer Center Friday for my MRI brain scan.  Appointment was at 3:30.  Took an Ativan to help me through the MRI.  It did.  Plus, I slept from the time I got home until the next morning.  Saturday was still a bit groggy.

Sunday was my big 69th birthday.  Nice day.  Decided to have some crab legs, shrimp and chili.  Picked up mom.  Matt, Sasha and Ellie came over to help celebrate.  Kristi was visiting LJ.  And Gery came over (Michelle with her grandkids) also.  Thanks to Gery for the beautiful chocolate on chocolate cake.  My favorite.  Michelle said she baked it before she left.  ;)  Mom, Sasha and I ate and ate and ate crabs.  So good.  Not sure why but seafood is very expensive here.  Not only was it my birthday but it was 3 years ago we settled on our home.  And boy has a lot happened in those 3 years.

My MRI results were in my portal.  This morning, Monday, I looked at them along with Bill.  We thought they looked good but just needed Dr. Sarriera to agree.  Sent an email to Desiree and she confirmed they were good.  Nothing had changed.  That along with my lab results, made for a happy day.  So anxious for my visit with Dr. Sarriera on Friday to discuss some happy!!!!!Friday can't come fast enough.

Tomorrow, Tuesday August 28th, I get my infusion of Kyprolis along with Dex.  And then again on Wednesday, August 29th, Kyprolis.  Then done for the week except my Friday appointment. Will be a nicer week since I don't have the Darazlex.

Today I got notified there was a new blog post on my friend Benn.  Was so happy to read that he is now in remission.  Yeah for Benn.  His wife writes " What does remission mean?  While myeloma remission is not the same as other cancers, a myeloma patient is never cured - at least there is no known cure today.  Benn has trace of myeloma present but the amount is so minimal it is nearly undetectable.  For today, we take the remission win and declare victory over myeloma. "

Quote:

Hope is the bridge that connects cancer and recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment