Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Tucker.

Yesterday, October 30th,  was my final every two weeks of Darzalex. Starts once a month in November. Still have to have the Kyprolis chemo drip twice a week for 3 weeks and then one week off.  My 13 days of no drugs but Dex.  13 days to start to feel better and then, here we go again.  At least I won't be doing the Darzalex so much.  Today, October 31st (happy anniversary Sandy and Denny), I had my Kyprolis chemo drip and my Zometa ( that's once every 3 months for bone strength).  Of course, my Dex was on the hyper side today so I dressed as a gypsy and we went over to Michelle and Gery's for chicken dinner and to help hand out candy.  We had a whooping 8 kids.  Filled their bags full of candy.  The company was great though.

My side effects this time was a little more than has been in the past with my Darzalex.  Had those shooting pains from the middle of my forehead (fourth head according to Kerri) down to behind my left eye.  And at times, below my left eye.  Seem like sinus areas maybe.  I did report it to my oncology nurse today.  Have been using some of my stress relief oil in those areas.  Also, have a rash, as usual, but seemed to be a lot brighter.   And of course, my Dex had me up until 12:30 last night and awake again at 6:45.  I think I may crash here soon but don't really feel tired yet.  Tomorrow I hope to have a stay at home day.  I know Friday will be one.  Then dimes and dinner at the Domer's.  They are here for 3 weeks this time.  So glad!!!!

Since Gery and Michelle had to put Murphy down, there was an emptiness in their home.  And especially for Gery.  Murphy was his buddy.  Well, need I say, they found another love.  Rescue puppy.  Beautiful black lab, Brittney spaniel mix according to the vet.  Meet Tucker.  He is a real sweetheart and after a few days, fit right into their family.  And of course, Bill once again has a dog to help spoil.  Welcome to the neighborhood Tucker.

Quote:

Being a caregiver to a spouse with cancer is like getting on a long roller coaster ride.





No comments:

Post a Comment