Sunday, October 14, 2018

Damn.

Made a few changes to my last post.  I had all the dates for October instead of September.  Duh.

We have been on a 10 day of 12 vacation of no chemo or Dex (I decided not to take the Dex on my own).  Nothing except my Lyrica, Acyclovir, blood pressure/water pill and vitamins.  What a relief for me and Bill.  It will all start all over again Tuesday.

During this time of no drugs, Bill and I took a mini vacation.  Off to St. Augustine for 3 days.  Much needed vacation for both of us.  A get away from our lives of pills, chemo, trips to the Cancer Center, my side effects of headaches, rashes, fatigue, just not feeling good.

What a great time we had despite the rain.  The dates we reserved several weeks ago were the days that Michael (hurricane) decided to hit the FL panhandle and move on to several other states.  We were very lucky in our area to only have rain.  We pray for those that lost their homes and the ones that lost their lives.  Bill and I put "cancer" out of our minds and really enjoyed our stay.  We really want to go back to St. Augustine.  Beautiful place and full of history.

During my last treatment, we had a visitor.  Desiree.  She came to my treatment room to tell us that she will no longer be Dr. Sarriera's nurse.  What???  No!!!  She is taking on a new position that involves being a patient's advocate.  Phew!!  I thought she was going to tell us she was leaving the Cancer Center.  Will be in the same office area so will still get a chance to see her occasionally.  Everyone knows how I feel about Desiree.  Will miss her.  :(  It was so "her" coming to tell us in person.  So Desiree!

Tuesday, October 16th, will be my Darzalex treatment along with Kyprolis and Dex.  Wednesday, October 17th, Kyprolis treatment.  Thursday, October 18th, Pet Scan.  Much waited on Pet Scan.  This will be a full body scan to make sure no Myeloma is lurking around.  Plus, to make sure my meds have dissipated the mass that was found near my spine.  Very important Pet Scan.  My appointment will Dr. Sarriera isn't until October 24th.  Once the results are in my Cancer Center portal, I will call Dr. Sarriera to review the results.  Asking for lots of prays that this scan shows nothing!!!

One of the things I wanted to do while in St. Augustine was go to the Scarlett O'Hara's restaurant.  Gone With the Wind is my all time favorite movie.  I am not sure how many times I have watched it. I even dressed as Scarlett for Halloween one year.  So we went and were not disappointed.  Food was great and the decor of pictures, signs, paintings depicting Scarlett and Rhett was awesome.  Favorite were the signs for the restaurant; Scarlett O'Hara's  - Frankly, I don't give a damn.

Quote:

Use the bricks that are thrown at you to build a strong foundation.







1 comment:

  1. Cathy, soooooooooo glad that you and Bill had this opportunity to get away. Every couple needs that from time to time just to re connect and re boot. And thank you also for being such a strong voice and your willingness to share your journey. We are of course going to keep you in prayer as I know the next few weeks will be anxious. You and Bill are in our thoughts and and our prayers.. We love you guys to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete