Monday, February 11, 2019

Door prize.

Tomorrow, February 12th, we have to get up around 5:30 to get ready and be at the hospital by 7:45 AM.  Tomorrow, February 12th,  I start my once a week Kyprolis for 3 weeks and then one week off.  And my once a month Darzalex (like it was).  And of course, Dex every Tuesday (like it was).  This is my new treatment plan.  I will continue on this plan till "whenever".  My Myeloma is the aggressive type so we are not taking any chances of it relapsing.  Dr. Sarriera will monitor my progress with Myeloma labs every 7 weeks followed by an appointment with him.  He will schedule a Pet Scan in about 4 to 6 months.  If any of these tests in the future show any progression of this disease, we will be ready to smack it down again.

I am anxious to see if my side effects change with only getting the Kyprolis once a week.  The fatigue would be the thing I would like to see go away.  And this weight I have picked up.  I hate it.  Thought of going back to WW.  Dr. Sarriera says that as long as I am on Dex, I am not going to lose a lot of weight.  Makes me sad.

Tonight was our support group meeting.  I was in charge of the meeting as a new co-leader from start to finish.  I received several compliments at the end of meeting that I did a good job.  Yeah.  Benn, one of our members,  was our first speaker.  He told of his Myeloma journey.  What an interesting story.   Then we had a speaker from LLS.  Another great speaker.  Once the speakers were finished, the Myeloma patients told their journeys.  And best of all, Kristi was able to join us for the meeting.  She enjoyed hearing all the journeys and how we all differ with our Myeloma.  Same disease, different circumstances.  Great meeting.  My "happy" place for an evening.

Mary, one of the Myeloma patient's wife, did our decorations on the tables tonight.  She did a Valentine theme.  Very pretty.   Unbeknown to me, she put a sticker under one of the chairs at each table.  That person with the sticker won the center piece.  Mary announced that we were to reach under our chairs on the right side and we should feel a piece of paper.   I reached under my chair, felt the paper and pulled it out.  Well, what I ripped off was the paper that was on the bottom of the chair. Oops.  Was good for a laugh.  No door prize for me.  Kristi won at our table.  Thanks Mary.

Quote:

You may have to fight the cancer battle more than once to win.




1 comment:

  1. So funny you pulled the chair tag, only you Kathy can make a new fun memory! Hope this new treatment gives you the energy you so deserve! Love ya! Xo

    ReplyDelete