Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Butter

Tuesday,  February 26th, was my last day of my new treatment plan.  This was a Kyprolis day along with Dex.  February 12th was the beginning of the plan with Darzalex, Kyprolis and Dex.  February 19th was Kyprolis and Dex.  These 3 weeks conclude this 1st cycle of this new plan.  I have off now until March 12th, which will start off with the Darzalex, Kyprolis and Dex at 8:30 AM.  I will still have to take my Dex on March 5th.  No relief from that med even on my week off.  But Dex is a big part of Myeloma treatments.  Didn't really notice much of a change in the side effects.  Still was fatigued, still got the rash on my face and chest, still had somewhat of a mild headache, still had to run to the bathroom, still got the hoarseness, still got the fat face, still not able to taste my food,  still have neuropathy in feet and fingers, still up till 1 on Dex nights, still have the chemo brain, still get these weird smells at times, still, still, still.  I know this is just my first 3 weeks of my new treatment plan so giving all these side effects time to get use to that plan.  Hope some of these side effects will go away or at least minimize.   Dr. Sarriera has me scheduled out until October.  I see him again April 2nd.

Sandy and Denny are here for 5 weeks.  Been nice having them near by.  Their condo is 1.2 miles from our home.  And very excited that Monday, we will be picking up Louise and Bob at the airport for a 5 day visit.  And Sandy and Denny will be picking up Deb and John at the airport for a 7 day visit.  This will be the first that I have had my O5 girlfriends, minus Cheri, with me since 2016.  Hopefully, we get will a nice day to head to the beach.  I know there will be lots of fun no matter what.

Most cats come running when they hear a can being open.  Not our Tommy.  He comes running, well walking, when he hears me put a muffin down in the toaster.  Sits there until it pops because he know that I will be putting butter on my muffin.  I have to scrap the knife off on the corner of the plate for his own little pat of butter.  Plus, I have to drip a bit of the melted butter on the plate too.  He will take about 3 licks and he is done.  And some mornings after sitting there waiting, he may not lick any of it.  Finicky, yes.  Oh, please wish him a happy birthday.  He turned 15 on the 15th of February.

Quote:

Encouraging words are good for the human spirit that faces cancer.  Stay strong, breathe, smile, fight hard, keep moving, trust in God, believe in yourself, think happy thoughts, you can do it, laugh loud, you are beautiful, you are loved, stay positive!!!

3 comments:

  1. Cathy I just live reading your blogs. I just love that you are keeping such a possitive attitude. You are truly amazing.
    How great it is that you have the Chambersburg crew coming to visit. There is truly nothing like have great friends together, they say laughter is the best medicine and I know with the crew there is no lack of that. Keep fighting the good fight Cathy. You are truly an inspiration to others. Tonya and I of course will continue to pray. Keep that postive attitude going and rwmember....God got this, and He has got you and Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for our visit! Just sit back, relax and laugh!! And praying this treatment plan gets you thru with less of those side effects! And Tommy shares my birthday..although I am not 15! Keep on keeping on'! Hugs to Bill see you in a couple days!! Oh my all of us together finally..will miss Cheri of course!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete