Thursday, March 22, 2018

Okay?

Started my maintenance Kyprolis again Tuesday.  And no chills.  Started to get cold around 8 PM.  Took my two Tylenol that Dr. Sarriera wanted me to try.  Was in bed around 9 as I was really feeling fatigued from the chemo.  And again, no chills.  I took my temperature throughout the night as requested by Dr. Sarriera.  It ranged from 99.1 to 100.4.   And again, I repeated, no chills.

The next day, Wednesday the 21st, was Bill's surgery for his cancer on his head (squamous).  I had it set for Kristi to take her dad if I wasn't feeling up to it.  Day after chemo isn't really a good day for me to be driving.  His appointment was for 9.  I woke up around 7 with a foggy head, sinuses screaming, sore throat and overall day after chemo effects.  So Kristi got here around 8:30.  Brought me a cup of Chai Latte from Starbucks,  Thanks Kristi!!!  Again, Bill's appointment was at 9.  They finally took him back to a room around 9:30 where he waited until about 10:30 for the surgery.  They cut a slice out of the area and then check to see if they got all the cancer.  If not, they slice again.  They left Bill go out in the waiting room where Kristi was to wait for the results to come back.  Told him it would be about 45 minutes.  Well, that 45 minutes turned in to 2 hours.  Seriously.  Bill said when he went out in to the waiting room, it was full.  Only one chair available and it had someone's pocketbook on it.  Bill, and we all know Bill, said - well, I guess I will just stand.  Guy moved the pocketbook.  After a bit of waiting, he also asked if they were sort of help.  Finally called him back and gave him the good news that they got all the cancer.  No more slicing.  Got discharged and was home around 1.  Long day for him.  Long day for Kristi (thanks).  Long day for me waiting and feeling like I should be there with Bill.  There was no way I could have driven or stayed all that time.

So the cut is about the size of a quarter and about 1/8 inch deep.  I have to clean it twice a day.  He opted not to have stitches at the advice of his doctor.  Doctor said will heal better.  Not a very pretty looking hole.  First cleaning went well.  I didn't pass out when I saw it and Bill was okay while I cleaned it.  Second, not as well but we got it done.  They want him to keep it covered and moist with the cream he got.  I figured, opened and dry.  They called in two prescriptions.  One antibiotic and one cream.  When Bill went to pick them up, they were sent to the wrong CVS.  The pharmacist tech was very helpful getting the scripts released to our CVS.

I thought for sure that I was starting a sinus infection the way I felt.  Sinuses screamed most of the day.  Throat hurt most of the day.  Very tired on top of the foggy head.  Dr. Sarriera sent in a script for an antibiotic.  Today when I got up, my throat hurt so bad.  Gargled with salt water and after a bit, started feeling better.  I did a lot of sneezing and coughing today.  Was to get mom tomorrow but not bringing her over here to make her sick.

That's the world of the Snowbergers!  

On Tuesday, day of the chemo drip, we had horrible weather.  There were tornadoes sirens, local airports were closed, they pulled all the blinds shut in the Cancer Center, plugged all our machines in to red colored outlets.  I was just about finished with my drip when all this started.  The rain was horrendous.  Hail in some areas.  Bill and I decided to wait it out.  Once I was finished, we went down to the lobby and sat and watched out the windows.  Not nice at all.  In the lobby is a reception area to help you if needed.  I noticed a receptionist bringing out a basket of rolled towels for anyone coming in to use to dry with.  Then one of the receptionists walked up to Bill and I.  She asked if we were okay?  Then asked if she could get something to drink or a snack?  Talked a bit and she went on to the next person sitting there.  We have been impressed by this Cancer Center many times over but this was was up on the top!

Quote:

I tell my story, not to gain glory but so that others may know hope.




3 comments:

  1. Such a long week for you and Dad! Love you both! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sister you sure have come a long way from passing out inn the haunted house in wildwood to cleaning open wound ( bills head )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and Bill with lots of love! So glad Bill got that over and done with and with good results!! Hope you start feeling better too. Love you, prayers and positive energy sent! Xo

    ReplyDelete