Sunday, March 4, 2018

Unihorse!

X-rays, blood cultures, urine culture all came back negative.  Bill and I sort of thought they would.  No bacteria present.  So Dr. Sarriera wants me to see when and if it happens again.  When, I can and did tell him that for the last two weeks.  But we will have to see if it happens again this Tuesday after my Kyprolis infusion around 9:45 PM to 11 PM.  Desiree said she will be ready for my email Wednesday morning.

Bill had two biopsies 2 weeks ago.  One on the side of his face near his cheek bone and one on the top of his head.  We got the results back on Thursday.  The one near his cheek bone came back negative.  The one on his head came back cancer.  I immediately lost it.  Tried to control my tears but wasn't happening.  Even after he told me this cancer, called squamous cell, is common and can be completely removed with minor surgery.  But, I hear the word cancer and I can only hear the word cancer.  Just me but that's the way it is.  His doctor will remove the cancer layer by layer,  examining each layer under a microscope until no abnormal cells remain.   So I am praying he only has to remove minimal layers.  Most skin cancers are highly treatable but again, with me, I hear cancer and I have to deal with it in my own way.  I will ask if you could say a prayer or two for Bill please.

Today, the guys went to a Yankee spring training game and us girls decided to go out for lunch.  Us girls included, My Mom, Sandy, Michelle (she has been in FL for a few days visiting with Sandy and Denny), Kristi, Sasha, Ellie and me.  On the way home from the restaurant, I saw a horse trailer.  Turned around and saw a horse out of the corner of my eye.  Sasha and Ellie was able to see they had the horse dressed up like a unicorn.  We figured it was maybe a kid's birthday party??   Anyway, I am calling it a Unihorse.

Quote:

We all live in the fear of cancer but being told you have cancer is terrifying.  





2 comments: