Thursday, March 8, 2018

Orlando Shuffle

Well, it happened again.  Kyprolis infusion Tuesday around 2.  Felt a little nauseous the rest of the day.  Went over to Sandy and Denny's for dinner.  Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy.  Pretty good even on a nauseous stomach.  Got ready for bed around 9 and around 9:30 I was freezing.  Then the shivers started again for the third week.  Not as bad and not as many as the first week or the second.  This went on for about 1 1/2 hours.  I was able to sleep some in between.  I took my temperature when it first started.  98.6  Took it again at 2.  101.4  Then at 4.  100.8  Then again at 8.  98.6   So this is some fever going on there.  I wish I would have taken it during the chills but I was too cold to move.

Emailed Desiree first thing Wednesday morning.  She wasn't due in until noon but Beth gave my message to Dr. Sarrierra.  He said he thinks it a reaction to the Kyprolis infusion.  Something Bill and I have been saying all along.  But in his defense, he had to rule out everything else like bacterias, infections etc.  That's the way he does things and we are glad he is so thorough.  After my next infusion day, he wants me to take 2-500 mg of Tylenol before I go to bed.  Then we will go from there.  I have my 13 days off now.  Won't be until March 20th for my next Kyprolis infusion.  Oh, Wednesday was a tired day.  Stayed at home.   Needed it for sure.

We have been traveling to UF Health Cancer Center for pretty close to 2 years now (end of June will be 2 years).  Bill knows the route pretty well.  He know which lanes to be in and does great at maneuvering around cars, in the proper manner, to get in to those lanes.  Even though we know which lane to be in, it seems there are those drivers who don't.  So they just shoot across in front of you to get in the lane that is 3 lanes over.  Then some of them decide that really isn't the lane they wanted in and just shoot back across in front of you.  Don't look at them because in their eyes, they did no wrong.  It was you for being in your lane.  So Bill and I now named our ride to the Cancer Center as the Orlando Shuffle.

Quote:

One day at a time.  One step at a time.  Do what you can and do your best.  Then let God handle the rest.










3 comments:

  1. Anything like the “Mosey Shuffle?” 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought all of the bad drivers lived in Corpus Christi....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought they were in California. LOL Love ya bunches

    ReplyDelete