Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Brenda.

Today on our way to our 5th treatment of Darzalex, Dex and Kyprolis, I asked Bill what would we be doing if we didn't have all these treatment, doctor's appointments, MRIs, CTs, Pet Scans, etc?   His response was, "We would be exploring Florida.  Day or 2 day trips here and there.  Like St. Augustine,  places on the Gulf side, taking trips to CO to see Kerri and family, more time spent with the granddaughters here, beach.  But we are doing treatments, have doc appointments, scans etc.  So this is our life now."  These things were said with smiles on our faces.  Our life has changed.  This is what we do now.  This is what we have to do now.  I am so glad we have each other to do our life as we have to do now.

My appointment today started at 8:30.  Port access, labs, waiting on labs, approval from Dr. Sarriera, premeds, Kyprolis, wait 15 minutes, 10:30 - start the Darzalex.  Done by 3:30.  5 hours.  I slept from about 11 till the last 10 minutes.  Only awaken by my nurse, Veronica, every hour for vitals.  Went right back to sleep.  No infusion related reactions.  And hopefully, no reactions of the meds as the next couple of days roll on.  Tomorrow I have my Kyprolis drip at 2.  Then done for the week.  No headaches, no sinus pressure please!!!

I have only a few friends on Facebook.  A little over 150.  This is not many compared to some.  That is great for them and this is great for me.  One friend that I recently added (well has been quite a few months ago) was someone I graduated with quite a few months ago too (1967  Ha).  She takes care of keeping up with the events going on with our class.  She takes care of posting info in our class Facebook for us.  Info like, breakfasts, reunions, classmates we lost, classmates needing prayers because of their health and whatever she hears that we should know.  I am glad I was able to friend her.  She now reads my blog and comments her good wishes, sends prayers, sends hugs even while she, husband and friends are vacationing.  Reads and comments on other FB posts.  Just want to thank you, Brenda, for once again hooking up with me and caring.

Quote:

Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.






No comments:

Post a Comment