Sunday, June 10, 2018

Curious?

A few side effects from the Darzlex, Dex or Kyproylis.  The headaches are dull and the headaches are severe.  I was never one to have headaches.  They bring me down.  Tylenol doesn't help much.  Aleve helps some.  Another side effect usually starts on Sunday.  I feel like my body is bruised when I touch it.  Arms, legs, back, stomach, head.  And the fatigue is real.

Had my check up with Dr. Sarriera on Friday.  Abby came in first.  Been awhile since we have seen her.  She is so full of knowledge.  We discussed the labs results.  Asked her if there was anyway we could downsize the amount of Dex I am taking on Tuesdays.  I take my 40 mg tablets and then another 20 mg intravenously.  Would discuss it with Dr. Sarriera.  Myeloma labs look good.  We figured out it was only after one week of Darzalex.  Wasn't really to have the Myeloma labs done but I was the one that said I was to have them.  Oh, well.  Abby contacted the radiology department to get a disc burned of my Pet Scan for me to take to Moffitt.

Abby left and came back with Dr. Sarriera.  He was happy with the labs too.  We are going to cut the Dex down by 20 mg.  I will only take 5 pills (20 mg) and they will give me 20 mg during my treatment of Darzalex.   Hopefully this will take care of some of my side effects especially the headaches.  Dr. Sarriera wants to see me again in 4 weeks.  Then he will schedule another Pet Scan.

Five more weeks of Darzalex to finish my first 8 weeks.

I get lots of text, cards, phone calls.  Words of encouragement, prayers all needed.  And I thank you all for them.  This one was an IM from Jean McKee.  Just hit me and I needed to share.  Thanks Jean!


"Dear Kathy, what an inspiration you are to so many people!
God has used you in so many ways, you give the suffering hope by your positive attitude even though you are suffering yourself. You certainly make me feel that life is  fragile and I should be thankful for each day and that my problems are minor compared to others!
Despite all the fears and suffering you and Bill are going through...you are a blessing to others and I love you for that.
Whatever comes of all this... I know God has a special place reserved for you in heaven someday!
In the meantime, I'm praying that all your treatments get less stressful and more successful. Enjoy  the hard work that Bill & your neighbor has been putting into your nice looking backyard and that warm FL weather that I'm so jealous of!!
I've been working in my yard between downpours everyday these  past few weeks!
Keep up those lovely smiles that keep us all smiling!!
😀😘❤️❤️"

As Bill and I travel to the Cancer Center we see a lot of deconstruction, construction.  Always building somewhere.  Always tearing down something.  So we have been watching this building they  tore down and now something is being built.  Been going on for several months.  I keep saying, "I wondering what they are building?"   Well, earlier this week a sign went up.  Says, "Are you curious yet?"  Love it.

Quote:

When I feel inadequate or discouraged, hold my hand Lord and give me strength to keep going.




3 comments: