Sunday, July 8, 2018

Dandelions.

Tuesday the 3rd was treatment number 7 of Darzlex.  Kristi was my support person for this long day. So glad she was able to go with me.  We got there around 8:15.  Was taken back to my room around 8:30 to get the day started.  Kristi and I had a chance to just sit and talk for a bit.  What about, don't remember but was great.  Then the pre meds started, the Kyprolis was infused and after 15 minutes, the Darzalex was started.  That was 10:30.  Within about 20 minutes, I was out only to wake up for my hourly vitals.  Kristi was able to relax, read and do whatever she had in her bag to do.  And most of all, watch me sleep.  Ha!  Slept until about 1 hour before my Darzalex was finished. We had a little bit of excitement.  Nurses came flying in looking at the patients in the room.  3 of us.  Emergency light flashing in the ceiling.  Finally figured out the one patient had pulled his tube out accidentally.

Having Kristi in the room made me think of all the nights I watched her till she went to sleep when she was a baby (years ago).  Only to try to walk out of the room and she would wake up crying and I had to start all over again.  Sorry Kristi, just had to tell.

Two years ago today I was officially told that I had Multiple Myeloma.  And two years today, I am still fighting.  Two years ago on the 29th, I was told by my family doctor (no longer my doctor) to get my affairs in order and call Hospice.  And two years today, I am still fighting.  New treatments, new drugs.  And two years today, I am still fighting.

My treatment Tuesday did not go without the headaches and fatigue.  Thursday, so tired.  Mild headache.  Friday, headache that's excruciating into the night.  Nothing helps.  Saturday, same till about 4 and then it started to calm some.  Sunday, mild headache but felt okay.  Monday will probably be a decent day only to start over again on Tuesday.  And two years today, I am still fighting.

Tuesday's Darzalex treatment will be the 8th one.  The last weekly one in the first segment of this plan.  I should be going to every other week then for 16 weeks.  I see Dr. Sarriera on Wednesday to get the next segment going.  He will probably be ordering a pet scan, a MRI etc to see what this drug has done to the mass.  Anxious to see what is happening because of the treatment of Darzalex.

Driving to the Cancer Center the other day I noticed yellow flowers mixed in with some greens in the median of the road.  Got me thinking.  I have never seen any dandelions since I have been in Florida.    Nancy, I am sure you would like that.  Lots of weeds though, lots of weeds.  

Quote:

I just want to wake up and feel like I can win this battle.  I haven't given up yet and I don't plan to anytime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment