Monday, March 11, 2019

Frogs.

Tonight was our support group meeting. My "happy place" for a few hours.   Sandy and Denny were able to go along.  So glad they went.  I did ask Sandy who would have thought several years ago that we four would be sitting in a meeting to hear someone speak about a drug that fights Myeloma.  Life happens.  Our speaker tonight was a Darzalex rep.  WOW.  Another great speaker.  And of course, this was right up our alley since this is my drug.  She had been an oncology nurse for 33 years and now represents Darzalex.  A wealth of information.  So much of it Bill and I knew since I have been using it since last May but she added more information.  Again, great speaker.

Tonight was also emotional for us.  We lost one of our Myeloma family.  Gene.  But not from his Myeloma.  Gene has been struggling with Myeloma, prostate cancer and Agent Orange.  Gene lost his life to kidney failure.  Don't know all the details yet but really hit home.  He, his wife, daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter have been coming to our meetings forever.  Gene will be missed.  God be with his family.

Ken, Arlene, Benn, David, Jan, Don, Cynthia, Alex.  Several of the "ole" members there tonight.  Always so glad to see them walk in the door.  And glad to see and meet our new members.

O5.  That's what we call ourselves.   Started with Louise saying at a 250 drawing that she had her original $5 to gamble with and she needed to leave with her original $5.  Me, Sandy, Louise, Cheri and Deb made up the O5.  We are still the O5 even thought Cheri and I have moved away.  Well, last week we had 4 of the O5 get together.  Me, Louise, Sandy and Deb.  Louise and Bob came to visit with Bill and I Monday and left Friday.  Deb and John came to visit with Sandy and Denny on Monday and left the following Monday.  So Louise, Sandy, Deb and I were able to have a reunion (minus a bad Dex night).  We did get to go shopping.  Louise said it was like old times with me being in charge.  Cheri was missed of course.  She gets back to PA and is able to spend time with them then.  One day, it will be the 5 of us somewhere.  On my bucket list.

Tomorrow I have my monthly infusion of Darzalex along with Kyprolis and Dex.  Then the next two weeks will be Kyprolis and Dex.  Then a week off.  This will be my schedule forever.  This will be our Myeloma life.  This will be my life.

As you all know, I follow Benn's progress.  He and I seem to have the same ups and downs but yet completely different.  Hard to explain Myeloma ways.  He even alluded to us as twins tonight at our meeting.  Seems he may be starting on Darzalex too.  Will know more after his next doctor's appointment.

When we first moved in to our home, we had so many frogs on our back patio, we decided to screen the patio in.  And it sure did help get rid of the frogs.  The other day Bill texted me and said we had a frog in the corner of the soffit at one end of the patio and another frog somewhere else at the other end of the patio.  And they were talking back and forth to each other.  I looked but couldn't see any frogs anywhere nor did I hear them.  After about 10 minutes, I mentioned to Bill that Kristi was trying to call him.  At that time, Bill realized that it was Kristi calling him and her ring tone (he set it up as a frog chirping or whatever it is they do) was what he was hearing and not real frogs.  Come on laugh.  It was funny.

Quote:

Memories.  Let them fill your mind, warm your heart and help lead you through this life of cancer.




2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see firsthand, the support, care and love among your Myeloma family.

    Yes, life certainly does change.. But good friends will always remain. xoxo ❤️

    ReplyDelete