Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Horseshoe.

Today was my last treatment of chemo for this cycle.  Also, had Multiple Myeloma labs drawn for my appointment with Dr. Sarriera next week.  Treatment appointment today, Tuesday, March 26th was at 12:30.  Labs were drawn about 12:15 and I was done with treatment around 1:45.  Then on to my appointment with Dr. Sarriera regarding the pain in my abdomen.

Here is what lead up to my appointment today.  The pain last Tuesday continued off and on all day until 10 PM.  Emails back and forth to Dr. Sarriera's office that day and the next few days.  Abby read the last Pet Scan and nothing was seen.  So an appointment was made for today to discuss this pain.  Meanwhile, I made an appointment with our family doctor, Dr. Young-Henley.  That appointment was last Thursday, March 21st.  I explained to her my symptoms and she did an abdominal exam.  She concluded I have a hernia in my small intestines.  She explained the a lot of women have hernias there that continue to worsen as time goes on.  One of the culprits is being overweight, which I am.  A lot more than shows.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason when these attacks hit.  We had explained that we had watched what I have eaten also.  Dr. Henley told us these hernias are very hard to detect on MRI's, CT scans, Pet Scans, Sonagrams unless I would be having one of these attacks during the scans.  She suggested that I see a surgeon.  Her office would be sending a referral to one and they would contact me to set up the appointment.  Haven't heard from anyone yet.

My appointment to see Dr. Sarriera about Dr. Henley's findings was today as I mentioned above.  First another hematologist/oncologist came in and discussed what was said via Dr. Henley.  Did an exam and left to get Dr. Sarriera.  We, again, discussed what Dr. Henley have concluded from her exam. He felt that I should go see a surgeon.   I told Dr. Sarriera I would rather use a surgeon that was part of UF Health Cancer Center since they have all my medical record; labs, treatments etc over the last 2 1/2 years.  I need to be near the Cancer Center and my team of doctors and oncology nurses.  Peace of mind for me and Bill.  Dr. Sarriera was in agreement with me.  First he wants me to have a CT scan with and without contrast.  He then suggested that I see one of their surgeons that specializes in hernias (as well as other surgeries too).  Dr. Jeffery Smith.  His office will contact me to set up the appointment.  My appointment for the Cat Scan is scheduled for April 5th.  Hope this is the answer to my pain.  I had a minor attack Saturday.  Was able to sit down and recline in a chair and it went away.  Did not come back again.  Nothing since Saturday.  Praying, if I have an attack, it is a minor one that goes away with just reclining and doesn't come back.  Praying this is the answer.

So my free week next week is booked.  Monday is free.  Tuesday I take Kristi to have surgery on her gums and will get the girls and take them to dinner.  Wednesday is mom's 89th birthday.  Thursday is my appointment with Dr. Sarriera regarding Myeloma labs.  Friday is my CT scan appointment.  So much for a free week for Bill and I.

My brother Rick and Leslie came to visit for a long weekend.  They got here last Friday around midnight.  Yes, I waited up on them.  Little brother you know.  They left around 2 on Monday.
Sunday night after dinner Bill, Rick, Leslie and I sat outside on the patio till 2 AM just talking and reminiscing.  At some point, I mentioned how Rick would bring his sisters pies when he would come to visit.  This prompted a story from Rick as how his dad would always take pies to his sisters too only to find out years later they didn't like the pies he brought.  LOL!!  I asked Rick what kind of pies his dad took.  Rick told us they were Horseshoe Fly pies.  Huh??? No wonder they didn't like them.  Ha, ha!!  Do you mean Shoo Fly pies Rick?

Quote:

God is watching over me.  I know because my family and friends have asked Him to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment