Monday, April 8, 2019

240

Today, April 8 was a long day for us.  Doctor’s appointment and then our Myeloma Support Group meeting.  Left the house at 2 and got home at 9.  And we have to be at the Cancer Center at 8:30 tomorrow.  My long Darzalex day.

The doctor’s appointment was with Dr. Kahky to review my CT scan.  He came in to the room and the first thing I did was look to see if he was wearing khaki pants. 😂  He reviewed my info and asked questions about my abdominal pain.  He said there wasn’t any mention on the CT report of any hernias other than a small umbilical one.  A few small cysts in my kidney but nothing that would cause my pain.  He then left the room to look at the actual scan again.  Back in about 2 minutes and said that he sees a hernia on my right side and a very small one on the left.  Not sure why the person who reviewed the scan didn’t see it.  He then did an exam and verified his findings of a hernia.  Dr. Kahky then discussed the treatment.  It would an in and out procedure.  Laparoscopically and under anesthesia.  First he wants to review the scan with his team.  Then he will call Dr. Sarriera to make sure the procedure will not interfere with my Myeloma.  My immune system i.e. platelets, white blood cells etc. being the concern.  Will get back to me in a few days.

Nancy Bruno from the IMF (International Myeloma Foundation) was our speaker tonight. What great info she shared with us.  This wonderful organization is fighting hard to help find a cure for Myeloma.

This past weekend our HOA president, Jeff, passed.  He battled colon cancer and won about 3 years ago.  In January of this year, he was diagnosed with liver cancer.  He lost that battle.  Great person.  Will be missed.

After Dr. Kahky introduced himself to us, he asked how long have I had my pain.  I explained it had been forever.  He then showed us a paper that said I have had my pain for 240 years. Well, that sure did make us laugh for a bit.  I think I look good for being that old.

Quote:

The struggles you are having today developes the strength you need for tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment