Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Jewelry.

Bone marrow biopsy went pretty well.  We were there by 5:45.  They took me to a room to register me.  Can’t understand why they even call to preregister you and you still have to go register again.  Well, that took about 15 minutes.  Then we waited until 6:25 till the volunteer took a group of us to another room to wait for our nurse to come get me for prep.  That was about close to 6:50.  Took me back to the prep room for surgery.  Routine stuff.  Change into a hospital gown, put the blood pressure monitor on your arm, the finger tape with the monitor for your heart rhythm, access my port for labs and anesthesia later, ask a bunch of questions, bring Bill back, talk to doctor, talk to anesthesiologist, talk to nurses that will be in the room with me.  Finally ready at 7:54.  Once in room at 7:57, roll over on table at 7:58, done.  I am out.  It seemed to be pretty important with these times the nurse was saying to one another. Now in the recovery room.  Bill is there.  Need to stay an hour once I am awake.  Home around 11.  Something to eat and to bed.  Slept till about 3.  Fell asleep sitting in my chair and in bed by 9:30.  Slept till 8 next morning.  A little sore next day but nothing I can’t stand.  Just feels like a bruise.

Tuesday was my Dex, Kyprolis and Myeloma labs.  Once I had my port accessed, back to the infusion room we went.  Had to wait on labs.  Nurse told me it was Zometa time.  So infused that first and then the Kyprolis.

Now, tomorrow.  As much as I tried to put it out of my mind, I just couldn’t.  2 1/2 hours.  I told Bill when I got up that I was going to cancel.  Didn’t think I could do 2 1/2 hours.  He wasn’t real happy about my decision but left it up to me.  I called the MRI department and thought maybe if they could answer some questions, I may change my mind and try to get it done.  Well, didn’t take me long to cancel.  When I asked if this was the “wide”  MRI machine, she said no.   Wide one was not scheduled.  WHAT?   It’s in my record that I need the wide one.  That I am very claustrophobic. Can it be changed to the wide one?  Yes, May 23rd.  Cancel and don’t schedule the 23rd. On the phone and email with Dr. Sarriera’s office.  Ana was right on top of it.  MRI, OPEN MRI, is now schedule for next Wednesday, April 23rd.  They will only do the thoracic and cervical scan that day.  The lumber scan will be done on the 30th of April.  Dr. Sarriera was kept in the loop and agreed to all the changes.  Thank you Ana for putting me first this morning.  I was very upset and stressed.  Ana took my problem and ran with it till it worked for me.

Still on for the Pet Scan Monday.  Kyprolis and Dex Tuesday.  New MRI Wednesday.  Appointment with Dr. Sarriera Friday. Then last MRI on Wednesday.

I always leave my sewing room covered in pieces of threads and material. I was IMing with another quilter I have met online and she told me this is called quilters jewelry.  

Quote:

One day at a time, one step at a time.  Do what you can, do your best.  Let God handle the rest.




1 comment:

  1. I like your Quote, one to live by always, no matter what!! Hang in there BFF and know my prayers and thoughts are always with you and Bill...Cyber Hugs..xo

    ReplyDelete