Monday, May 13, 2019

Green Line.

Well, Tuesday, May 7th was my first day of the new treatment plan.  I took my Dex around 10.  My appointment for the Kyprolis and the Farydak was at 12:30.  Went to the Caner Center and right to Scripts Pharmacy for my Farydak and a few other meds I needed.  Then headed up to 5LP for the labs and the Kyprolis and see if it was okay to take the Farydak.  Labs drawn and back to my room to wait results.  Bilirubin high so they had to contact Dr. Sarriera.  Not to take the Farydak either until he approves all.  Finally had the approval to go forward with infusion and chem med.  2:30 was given the Farydak and started the Kyprolis infusion.  The Kyprolis drip has been doubled.  This now will infusion for 30 minutes.  So the Farydak is an oral chemo and that goes home with me.  Only take that Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday every other week.  Headache and had trouble sleeping. Took two Tylenol before I went to bed.  Still had headache when I got up on Wednesday, May 8th.  Worked through that with some oils.  Had a bout of diarrhea but that subside before we had to leave for my appointment.  Kyprolis drip and dex.  Pat stopped by to say hi.  Hadn't seen her for a while at the hospital.  Nice little visit.  Got settled in a room, no labs  needed.  Meds mixed and ready to infuse.  My oncology nurse contacted Dr. Sarriera to see what he wants me to take for the diarrhea.  He said Imoium.

Thursday, May 9th no appointments.  Yeah.  Took my Farydak at 2:30. To take this at the same time each day.  Nothing really going on.   Fatiqued.


Well, then came. Friday May10th.  Worse day of my life minus  Kristi and Millie stopping by with a Chai Latte.  And if I said this before, change that to Friday, May 10th.  Around 2:30, diarrhea hit and boy did it hit.  Not real sure what time it stopped but I was in misery.  And of course, this cause other problems.  Bill went to the drug store early Saturday, May 12 and got me some things  to help my new problem.  And they sure did help.  Was to do dimes and dinner with Michelle and Gery butI was to miserable.  I took my 3rd Faydak at 2:30 on Saturday, May 11th.  Was so upset that I was going to hit with side effects for Sunday, May 12th and miss Mother's Day at Kristi.  Worked out okay for me.  Imodium worked (maybe too much) just so fatigued.

Today May 13th is Bill's 70 birthday.  Wow so hard to believe. Had a few pains in my stomach and fatigued.  Was able to fight it off and take Bill to lunch along with Kristi.  Was nice.  I think he enjoyed it.  But couldn't fight off the fatique.  Slept from about 1:30 till 3:30.  Up a bit and slept off and on all day.  So ready for bed now.  Going real soon.  Don't like feeling this way.

When the lab mixes my chemo meds and hands over th the oncology nurse, she scans it along with my wrist bracelet.  Then she hangs it and maneuvers the tubes through the defuser machine and pushes some numbers in a thing that looks like a big remote control.  Then she gets another oncology nurse to green line it.  Which means that other nurse comes in my room, looks at the bag of hanging med asking me my name and birth date.  She takes a marker and crosses through the info and starts the machine.  We laugh because most the nurses know me but I still have to tell them my name and birth date.

Quote:

Be thankful for today, because in one moment your whole life could change.








No comments:

Post a Comment