Sunday, May 19, 2019

Shoes.

Did my blood drawn on Friday.  Platelets came back at 37 verses 15 last Tuesday.  Will go in for a blood draw again tomorrow, Monday, May 20th.  Once we get those results and the results from Tuesday's labs, Dr. Sarriera will make the decision as to continue chemo or not.  New plan.

All chemo will be changed.  Farydak, will be 15 mg instead of 20.  I will take these every other day on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  The Kyprolis will be reduced to half the dosage on Tuesday and Wednesday..  Dex will just be on Tuesdays.  I think I got this.  Pray that this will work for me.

Even though I haven't had chemo for a few days, my fatigue level is not so good.  I just hate how tired I get especially when I want to do something like sew.  And there is no beating it.  Just part of my Myeloma life.

We met with Dr. Nanda, radiologist.  Same one that administered my radiation in 2017.  We remembered how at my last treatment of radiation, another lump appeared just out of range of where the radiation was aimed.  Dr. Nanda is a wonderful, personable, caring doctor.  He spent at least 45 minutes with us.  After he examined the lump on my head seeing it wasn't in the same place as the last one he treated, he said that I would be a candidate for radiation again.  We discussed this in length.  Especially about shaving my head again.

So we have option 1 of the new treatment plan and option 2 of having radiation again.  Our option 3 will be our trip to Mayo Clinic for a second opinion (requested by Dr. Sarriera).  I have an appointment schedule for June 3rd.  We are anxious to go.  Anxious to see if there is an option 3.

Bill and I like to watch the old Match game.  I know, we are old.  LOL.  Love to see the hair dos and clothes.  We were watching Match Game 76 and they were scrolling through the sponsors and one of them was Kinney Shoes.   A name from the past.  Bill worked for them for years and years.  In fact, that is why we moved to Chambersburg.  New mall, new shoe store.  Remember Michelle Norris, Louise Curwood???

Quote:

Cancer changes people.  It makes us into someone who understands more deeply, hurts more often, appreciates more quickly, cries more easily, hopes and prays more desperately and loves more openly.




3 comments:

  1. Great opitions. Glad you will have new treatment plans and know the best one will work!! Yes I remember Kinney Shoes loved that job, and the opportunity Bill gave me. But I remember I broke that thing that put price tags on accessories...ugh...And life goes on..xo love ya BFf hang in there. hugs to Bill too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for plan #3!!! You are so loved!
    Isn't that the store where Bill and Wayne met?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talked to your sister Deb and she gave me your blog..I've been praying for you and God is in the miracle business so we will look on the bright side of it all..I always loved seeing you and Bill together because I knew that was true love..I was never that blessed..I'll keep you in my prayers sweetie, God bless you both

    ReplyDelete