Sunday, September 22, 2019

Down there

Using my left hand.  So much better.  My OT lady, Kate, keeps me exercising.  She will be here tomorrow at 9 AM.  Ugh.  9. :).     I was reevaluated by the PT supervisor last week.  He was very pleased with my progress.  Did a few tests like close your eyes and stand on one foot.  Okay.  Anyway, he was pleased and recommend 3 more weeks of PT.  Okay by me.  The more I do, the better for me.  Not sure about OT yet.

Have a few more "things" that I am very happy to tell everyone that I can do again.  Shower pretty much myself, I walked in to the hair salon, walked in to a restaurant using my cane that the week before Bill pushed me in there with my wheelchair, straightened my closet so I can find my blouses, etc.,  crocheted a chain and did a few stitches, walked out in to the garage without even realizing what I was doing, still doing what I can with setting the table, loading dishwasher, "things" I couldn't do three weeks ago.  Have met Gery and Michelle at restaurants several times, using cane, not using cane.  We played "dimes" (Tripoly) for the first time in weeks.  Did okay with shuffling the cards, dealing the cards, getting my winnings of dimes, holding the cards with the help of a card holder Bill got for me   I am sure I missed some cards the should have been played.  But the laughter makes up for any mistakes.  Love playing dimes with Gery and Michelle.  Sharon, Michelle's aunt,  has been here .  She leaves Friday.  Such a wonderful lady.  She sat with me a few times so Bill could have some free time.  Next year when she comes for a visit, I hope to be able to run like we did two years ago.

Got a text from my friend Benn.  He, like me, is running out of drugs to treat his Myeloma.   Hoping and praying for a trial.  These trials are harder than our transplants but if it keeps him alive, he feels he has to do it.  I pray he finds one.  I want him to be kept alive.  Not ready to lose a good friend to myeloma.  Pray for him and his.

Still have some tender spots where my incision is.  They are healing nice.  Just a few scabs (yuck, sorry) left.  The area where surgeon put back together sounds hollow if I tap on it.  I can't feel anything if I pull my hair  or scratch in that area.

My appointment with Dr. Nanda is this Wednesday.  He is the radiologist. Need to get this started as we know there are Myeloma lesions on my skull.  He will order X-rays of my skull, make a mask, ask me to shave my head and then start the treatments.  Will know more Wednesday.

Sandy and Denny come tomorrow and will be here for 3 weeks.  She will be surprised to see how much I am able to do.  Need her to help me walk more.  And walk steadier.  I still have a fear of tripping or falling.  Then my sister, Cheri, will be here Oct 3rd till the 10th.  Can't wait.

Bill makes me cotton balls with various oils on them for me to smell, lavender, frankensence, thieves, peppermint etc.  While in the hospital so I would know where it was, I would put it down my nightgown.  One of the nurses was listening to my heart and saw one of the cotton balls and said, "I wonder who put that down there?"

Quote:

The struggle you are in today develops the strength you need tomorrow.  Everyday I challenge cancer  and survive is a victory for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment