Saturday, September 7, 2019

Pants

I am back. first I will tell you that there will probably  be a lot of mistakes in this update as I am typing this using my left hand too.  My left hand that I wasn't even able to lift since  after my surgery July 29th.  My surgery to remove a tumor on my head.  Sugrery that took 4 hours.  A tumor that was  larger then expected.   A tumor.  In addition, my surgeon removed other cancer growth.  Surgery that left me unable to communicate for several days.  surgery that Dr. Garcia, Bill, Kristi and Kerri were concerned where  I was.  Surgery that finally after 3 days and in the ICU, I responded to Bill. Bill who was constantly by my side days and nights   Bill who played music that he knew I liked.Bill who called in to the nurses to see if they were using my oils.  Bill, my rock.  Bill, the love of my life.  Bill who encourages me every day helping me to regain where I was before surgery. Along with him, Kristi would come to the hospital almost every day.  Kristi, beinigng my support person during Physical  Therapy.  Kristi, my support person during Yoga.  Kristi, my support person while I was eating my hospital meals (needed support to eat some of them lol).  Kerri who called me every day to see how I ws DOING.  Kerri who from far away sent her love via phone calls and texts.  Kerri checking in with her sister and Dad to see how I was doing.  Calls from my grandkids.  pictures hung so I could see them from my bed.  Pictures of Bill, Kristi, Kerri, all the grassndkids and my sweet, sweet Tommy.  Bill, Kristi and Kerri having fun with my actions, shouting, during my ICU delirium ,  Will blog some day  about what they told me.

26 days trying to convince them to let me go home to heal.  Finally, I was released on August 23.  Wheel chair, cane, shower chair.  Home!!!

We lost our sweet Tommy on Sept 6th.  we had him put down.  He wasn't doing well for a bit.  So skinny.  We decided to have a vet come to the house to do this.  She said his kidneys were so small.  Sound of kidney failure.  So hard to do.  Sure do miss him.  He would have been 15 in Feb.  We got him and Chai 13 years ago.  Bill and I felt Tommy was telling us it was time.  Still hurts.

My sister Deb, at my request, came to help Bill and I.  She got here August 26th.  And boy, what a wonderful help she has been.  I needed help with showers, bathroom visits, dressing, undressing. And Bill needed someone to relieve him.  Give him a chance to go to the store, cook, dishes, laundry.  All the things that I once did.

I have made great progress with Deb and Bill's help.  My left hand no longer hangs like a wet noodle.  I am able to lift it, make a fist, and although not perfect, able to use my laptop to type this biog.  Someday, someday.   I have physical therapy several times a week.  I try to do my exercises every day that  my therapist gave me.  I  am walking with my cane, using the wheel chair less and less.  Dressing and undressing myself.   Getting there, getting there.

Deb has been an awesome nurse.  She helps me so much and has helped me get as far as I am.  She goes home on the 13th.  Bill said he's not so sure her will le her.  :).   Sorry Donnie. Deb wasn't sure how long we would need her and was willing to stay to whenever.   Guess whenever is the 13th.  We will miss her Helped us so much  Thanks , thanks, thanks,

Again, hope you can make sense of this.  Just wanted to update you all and exercise my left fingers.  So glad I can use my laptop.  So glad, I am able to walk again, even though I have to use a cane at times.  So glad.  Soglad.  Prayers are being ANSWERED.

When Kristi was learning to walk, she would hold on to the side of her pants.  When I was learning to walk again, she held on to the waist band of my pants.

Quote:

Cancer is a journey.  Do not count the days, make the days count.












3 comments:

  1. So very very proud of you and the progress you have made with Bill, Kristi and Debs help! Kerries spritz right there with them. Also all the prayers and positive energy being sent to you from all your family and friends near and far! We love you! Keep on Keeping on BFF...love you and special extra hugs to Bill! Lmc

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have an awesome tribe. Always thinking about you and looking forward to seeing you when you are up for a meeting!
    Much love, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh lady! Proud of you and so glad you have such a wonderful support system! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete