Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Puddin Taine

Today, September 25th, was my appointment with Dr. Nanda, my radiologist.  We had to go to the office in Ocoee.  Took forever to get there.  Only 15 miles but with traffic, took about 45 minutes.

When Dr. Nanda walked in to the room where we were, he shook our hands and then asked, "Do you live near here?"  No.  We took this appointment because otherwise, we would have had to wait until late October for an appointment at the Cancer enter.  Computer was down but he knew my case and discussed my surgery, why we went that route, how I was feeling, and the next steps he wants to happen before I do any radiation.   Most of these we knew would be the case.  He wants me to heal some more.  Then he wants me to have a MRI and a Pet Scan.  The MRI is scheduled for October 1st. He wants to discuss my case with Dr. Sarriera.  Said he was going to call him today.  After the scans, I am to see him again on October 8th.  By that time, he will have the scans to discuss with us and will have talked to Dr. Sarriera.  At that appointment, we will discuss the radiation if this is the way we are to go.  We know the Myeloma is lurking and need to stop it whether it is radiation and a new treatment plan with chemo.  The chemo drug that Dr. Sarriera is proposing is Thalidomide.  We just have to wait until the scans are done and we meet with Dr. Nanda again.  We just need to stop it.  Dr. Nanda is such a great person.  Very soft spoken and a caring attitude.  I mentioned to him that when I tap on my head where the surgery was that it sounds hollow.  He started laughing and looked at Bill.  Bill just said he wasn't going to get caught up in that laughing too.

And here are a few more "things" I have accomplished.  Been in the pool, walked around pool with Sandy about 25 times.  Went in to Pubix grocery store for the first time since before surgery.  Getting in to and out of the shower by myself.  Even sewed a bit.  Little  "things.

Monday is my last day with Kate, OT.  Of all my therapists, home and in the hospital, Kate is my favorite.  Will miss her.  She suggested that I contact my Primary Care Physician and request a script for out patient therapy for a few more weeks.  Can't do that until I have been discharged from Home Health Care.  That will probably be the end of the first week of October.

Feeling a little bad for Sandy.  She came down to help with me and I don't need a lot of help if any. Of course, when we first talked about her coming down to help, we had no idea that I would be so far along.  My sister and Bill covered those first 3 weeks I was home pretty well.   Other then walking more, not much else.  I never thought I would be this far along.  Nor did Bill.  So she will just have a small vacation in Florida.  We will work on walking though.  And crocheting.  :). That's good for my fingers.  Denny and Sandy have been making us great meals so far though.  Yum.

During my recovery period at the hospital and my not knowing a lot as what was going on, I was asked by a nurse in ICU what my name was.  To which I responded, "Puddin Taine, ask me again and I'll tell you the same.  I may have said this more than once to that question.  Oh, the things I have been told that I said and did.  I will be telling you more.

Quote:

I will fight this cancer, as I am determined to win.


No comments:

Post a Comment