Monday, September 16, 2019

French fries

Hope I don't have as many mistakes with this post.  Using my MAC again and my left hand is working a lot better than last post.

Have had PT several times a week.  Today was his last day with mw.  I will now be reevaluated by his supervisor.  From there they will decide if I need more PT or need to go to an outpatient therapy facility.  I still have several sessions left with my Occupational therapist.  Then will also be reevaluated by her supervisor.

Deb sure did help me with my therapy exercises, making sure I took my meds, constantly
checking to make sure I locked my wheelchair before I stood, walking without my cane so much, showering, and on and on.  Those 3 weeks she was here was just what I needed.  My little sister to the rescue.  Glad she was available.  Glad she cared enough to leave her home and husband for 3 weeks to assist me.   Sure makes it easier on me now.  Ihave  had a few tears since she left when doing some things that she helped me with.

I am able to use my left hand to pick up some things.  Able to lift my left arm above my head.  Have a bit more strength when holding on to things.  Can wring out a wash cloth pretty good, have helped setting the table, loading the dishwasher, toast myself a muffin, put in earrings, dress and undress myself with minimal help, replace the paper towels, walk to the bathroom without my cane, use the wheelchair less and less, open an envelope,   All these things that less than 3 weeks ago I couldn't do.  Things I never thought about being difficult tasks.  Frustration does present itself at times when trying to do certain things.  Things that I know I was at one time able to do.  Things I took for granted never thinking they would one day be difficult to accomplish.  Things, just things.  Things I will keep on working on.  My next goal is to get in to that sewing room.  I need that serenity again.  I will get that serenity again.  I say every day I am going to see what I can do as far as sewing goes but don't seem to make it happen.  Guess I am a bit afraid I may fail and don't want that to happen.  But I will  soon make myself see  I can sew even if it's just small pieces and not a quilt.  I will you know in my own time.   Has to be in my time and will be in my time.  Meanwhile, Kerri is filling in for me.  I am so proud of her picking up my love of sewing.

Ellie had a weekend camping trip this past weekend so Sasha came over to stay with Bill and me.  She and I  were going through the freezer to see if we had any French fries.  There was some in there.  But when Bill went to the store, he picked up another bag.  With her Pap's help, they made shrimp scampi for dinner.  This we served over linguine.   A few hours after dinner, Sasha came running in to the living room hollering, "Pap, we forgot the French fries."  Those who know Sasha, know she is quite the eater.  To her having linguine and French fries together would be fine.

Quote:

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.







3 comments: