Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Cotton

Made it through the CT and the PetScan requested by Dr. Nanda, my radiologist.  Of course, I had some help with my Ativan.  Otherwise, I couldn't do them.  My sister, Cheri is here visiting and was able to go along as well as to my appointment with Dr. Nanda today, October 8th.

There was good news and bad news at that appointment.  Good news, no Myeloma showed up on my skull/ brain.  There is still some blood on the brain that is reabsorbing.   Bad news, the PetScan shows Myeloma in the bone marrow in both of my tibia bones in my legs.  The tibia is the large bone located in the lower front portion of your leg.   This is also known as the shinbone.  Dr. Nanda and Dr. Sarriera have been in contact with each other.  Radiation and or chemo would be the course of action.  There is a meeting of the board of oncologists and radiologists on Tuesday.   Dr. Nanda and Dr. Sarriera want to present my case to them to see which way they feel would be the best way to go.   I have an appointment with Dr. Sarriera this Friday, October 11th.  Anxious for this appointment too.  Want to hear his take on this new finding.   One thing, if I go the radiation way, I do not have to shave my legs.  LOL.

After this appointment, I had have 3 shots.  DPT, pneumonia and hepatitis B.   And I didn't even get a sticker or a lollipop for being a good patient.  My arm is a little stiff tonight though.

My PT and OT is done now.  Tomorrow, the PT supervisor will be here to reevaluate me.  From there he will suggest if he feels I need out patient therapy.  I have made great progress since coming home from the hospital.  I never use the cane any more, wheelchair only for dressing but only occasionally. I have been doing my showers without assistance from Bill helping to make sure I get in and out carefully.  Have loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, laundry, washed dishes by hand, cooked, been in the pool again, mopped my floors.  On and on.  It's amazing how just several weeks ago I needed help to get to the bathroom to being able to do so much.  Kate would be proud of me.  Miss you Kate.

We had some other upsetting news.  Bill, who has been my rock through all this and never complaining, has to have surgery on his eye.  He has a hole in his macular that needs to be repair.  This will be done next Wednesday.  Recovery time is 7 to 10 days.  During this time, he has to keep his head down.  He ordered a piece of equipment to help him do this.  I will be giving him some caregiving for a change.  Kristi will help getting her Dad to and from his appointments until he is able to drive again.  He says he will be healed in 3 days.  NOT!!!

Sandy and Denny will be leaving tomorrow.  Sandy didn't have to help me much since I am doing so well.  We did do some walking though.  And they made some good meals.   And Cheri goes home on Thursday.   I think she just had to see that I was doing alright.  Am I right Cheri?  Then we are on our own again.  I am not back to normal me but I will be some day.  Each day shows improvement.

So Bill makes me cotton balls with different oils on for me to smell.  This morning as we were getting ready to leave for my doctor's appointment, I picked up my cotton ball and stuck it in my bra (that's were I keep it) and then picked up my phone and smelled that. Duh!   :) Mimi, is there an oil to put on our phones?  :).

Quote:

I will dust myself off and move forward again because I miss me.  The old me, the happy me, the smiling me, the laughing me, ME!  Cancer isn't your friend.  






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, Kathy. I had to see for myself how much you have accomplished. I am amazed at your progress.You are amazingly strong💪 and determined to beat this ugly thing called cancer. Love you bunches. 💘 Cheri

    ReplyDelete