Sunday, October 27, 2019

Nevada

Bill's surgery on October 16th went okay.  Had to keep his head down 22 hours a day.  Such a hard thing to do. He listened to a lot of audio books.  Ordered a head rest that was similar to one the use to give massages.  2 drops in his eye 4 times a day.  Gery came over and visited several times.  That sure helped.  We/he must have done okay because when we back for his follow up visit on the 25th, he was told he didn't have to keep his head down anymore.  Still has the gas bubble.  It's dropped about a little less than a 1/3 of the way down.  Still a bit to go.  He sees nothing out of his eye yet.  We go back in 3 weeks.  Told him he could drive but we are thinking not.  He is not allowed to fly so Thanksgiving with Kerri and Paul is out.  And so is Christmas.  We are very disappointed about this situation but it is for Bill's safety.  Bubble could like explode because of the altitude. He has a green bracelet on saying this.  That won't be taken off until bubble disappears.  Dr. Feinstein couldn't see past the bubble looking straight ahead.  He laid Bill back and made him look from side to side and up and down.  He feels that the Macular hole (reason for the surgery) has been healed.  Just pray his gas bubble soon dissipates so he can see again.

I started my chemo pill, Thalomide, and Dex on October 25th.  Just feel very tired so far.  I am praying that I don't get any other side effects.  I need this to work.  I will take the Dex once a week.  The Thalomide every day for 21 days.  Then I am off 7 days.  Once I start back, I will be taking them for 28 days, 7 days off.  The 28 days will be what I will be doing all the time then.  I am to do blood work every week.  Going to try to go to Quest instead of driving to the Cancer Center.  We will see how that works.  Need the results to go to Dr. Sarriera each week.  I have an appointment with him on November 7th.  He wasn't too happy about me not starting the Thalidomide till the 25th.  I had wanted to wait until November 1st.  He said he didn't want me to wait because of my type of Myeloma is aggressive.  And, if I think about it, I haven't had any chemo since, July 9th,  two weeks before my surgery on July 25th.

The scar from the surgery has all but healed up.  I have a spot or two that is still scabby.  Yuck.  The scar runs from the top of my scalp, down the back of my head to about the middle and then over to behind my right ear.  I will soon have a mohawk.  The hair is starting to grow back where the scar is.  It's about 1 1/2 inches long and sticks straight up.  Mohawk on the way.

I received a voice message but it didn't recognize the number. When I listened to the message it said "Hi this is Sharon from Nevada.  Huh? Then about the time I am listening, I get a text saying" Hi Kathy this is Darren from NirVana.  The PT supervisor.  Not Sharon from Nevada!!!!  Good laugh.

Quote:

Each day I conquer Myeloma, makes me another day stronger.  Cancer sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment