Thursday, April 12, 2018

8 O'Clock

Seems we can't have good news last for a long time.  Been told was in remission and put on a maintenance plan during February.  Have had a few weeks of feeling pretty good but never let our guard down.  Myeloma labs were good.  M spike still zero.  But it lurks in my blood even if it's not measurable.  Myeloma is treatable but not curable.  Words that will always haunt us.

About two weeks ago I felt a small lump on the perimeter of my crater.  This lump did not at the time hurt anywhere when I touched it.  The other lumps I have found felt like a bruise feels when I touched it.  Then about 3 or 4 days ago, I noticed it did feel like a bruise in certain areas.  And I noticed it was getting a bit larger.  At that time, I told Bill about it.  We decided that I should contact Dr. Sarriera.  I did on Monday but I know he isn't in.  Also, knew that whomever was answering the emails was not Desiree.  Just not the same urgency she gives.

As a result of my email, Dr. Sarriera wanted a Pet Scan done before my appointment with him next Thursday the 19th.  That Pet Scan is scheduled for tomorrow the 13th.  Be there by 12:30 to access my port.  Then they will put in the dye and I will sit and wait for an hour.  Then the Pet Scan.  Of course, I will be taking an Ativan to be able to go in that machine.  Ugh.  Just thinking about it know makes me anxious.

Not sure when the results will be back but I know it will hit my on line portal when they send it to
Dr. Sarriera.  I will be watching for it.  I will contact his office to explain to me what it says and will not wait until my appointment on the 19th to discuss.

We are praying that it's not Myeloma once again eating away at my skull!!!

I am sure some of you have heard of and maybe even use 8 O'Clock coffee.  I do not drink coffee and haven't for years.  Bill still does.  Publix (our main grocery store) has it on sale quite often for B1G1 free.  And I usually have coupons for it.  This coffee always makes me think of my great grandmother and grandfather.  This was the only kind they would use in their percolator.  This was not an electric percolator either.  Anyway, I had a flash back the other day when Bill opened a new bag.  Attached to the bag was a long tie that is is used to close the bag.  Seeing this tie, I saw my great grandmother using them to "roll" her hair.  Rolled her hair around the tie and bent the ends of the tie in to secure them.  She mostly did the front of her hair.  What a great memory of a great lady that I loved dearly.

Quote:

Courage is being afraid but still going on anyhow.


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, sister. Thoughts and prayers for a good report. The memory of Grandma Smiley is a great one. Love you

    ReplyDelete