Wednesday, April 4, 2018

2,044

Just a bit of chills last night.  Took Tylenol about 8.  Shortly after 8 the chills started.  Not like the first and second weeks.  Didn't get the shakes.  Went to bed around 9 - 9:30 and slept until 10 this morning.  Got up with a groggy head, still fatigued and sinuses hurting.  Did a few things and laid back down around 2 till 4.  Hate these days but know they are going to happen.  I am off until the 17th.  Yippee.  By Saturday I should be feeling a little normal.  Then each day gets better and then it's time to start over again with Kyprolis.  

I have finished my second round of my maintenance drug.  Got the shakes under control I think.  I see Dr. Sarriera on the 19th.  Had my Myeloma labs drawn yesterday when they drew my regular labs.  The nurse I had wouldn't draw them till she talk to Dr. Sarriera's office because it said one week before his visit. Yesterday was more then two weeks.  But since next week is my week off, I asked for them to be drawn yesterday.  She got the permission from Desiree.  Then she inserted my lines in my port.  Tried to draw blood.  Nothing.  Had me take deep breaths.  Nothing.  Had me place my elbows on my knees.  Nothing.  Used some sort of a suction thing.  Nothing.  Laid me and my chair down.  Asked if I have had trouble before getting my blood to draw?  Only once at ORMC but never there on 5LP.  Finally she was able to get the 9 tubes needed for the labs.  Finished up and sent me to my treatment room.  I will be watching the Myeloma lab results as they come in.  Can see them on my portal.  We pretty much know the real important ones.   Which could be good or bad.  ;)

Bill had a doctor's appointment to follow up on his surgery on his head.  Doctor said it was healing as expected.  To continue cleaning twice a day with peroxide mixed with water, apply prescription cream and bandage.  We go back in a month.  The no stitches way of healing is quite different.

Looking at my portal today for my lab results, I noticed there were 2,044 entries of lab results.  These entries started 6/29/2016 when I was first diagnosed.  Almost 2 years ago.  Almost 2 years ago.

Quote:

When you think you have exhausted all possibilities; remember this, you haven't.




2 comments: