Thursday, April 13, 2017

It's

Today was my two week follow up with Dr. Sarriera.  I actually saw Abbey.  We discussed my mild rash and the labs.  All looks good with the labs but was disappointed because the Myeloma values will not be done until Tuesday.  These are the values I wanted to see the most.  Needed to see the most.  Bill had mentioned earlier that he didn't think they would be ready.  I had forgotten it takes a few days to complete the tests on the blood for the Myeloma values.  Anyway, I will continue to take the Revlimid every other day for another 30 days.  Then will be reevaluated again.  Thinking this way of taking the Revlimid may be the way to desensitize me.  Time will tell.

Have mentioned in past posts several of the lovely people we have met throughout my journey with Myeloma.  Another one is Ashton.  She is involved mostly with billings and we have talked to several times.  Sweet, young lady.  When she hears them call for Mrs. Snowberger and if we hadn't stuck our heads in her office to say hi, she always comes out to see us.  Today, she came back from lunch just as we were waiting to check out.  Talked a few minutes and she then said, "Did you see Desiree today? Did you hear her news?"  No.  What?  I immediately said, "Is she pregnant?"  Ashton just kept grinning and saying she couldn't tell me.  Told us to wait and she would see if Desiree was available. Desiree came out of her office grinning and I knew.  She is pregnant.  Then she began to say, look how big I am.  Only 12 weeks and I am huge already.  She couldn't understand why.  WELL,  she knows why now it's twins.  So happy for her and her husband.  As you know, Desiree has been wonderful to us since we first started at UF Health Cancer Center.  Has answered so many emails from me when I have been doubtful about things, unsure of what should be happening, has calmed me when I have been hyper about side effects of my meds.  Just all around been there for me.  My go to person.  Wonderful person just like Ashton, Abbey, Dr. Sarriera and many more.

Tonight's quote is dedicated to my biggest support person and my caregiver.  Couldn't fight this battle without Bill by my side.

Quote:

Find arms that will hold you at your weakest times, eyes that will see your beauty at your ugliest times and a heart that will love you at your worst.




No comments:

Post a Comment