Tuesday, May 30, 2017

My therapy!

Well, we got the call.  The call we wanted but not wanted.  We sort of knew which way the call was going to go.  Dr. Nair sort of knew how the call would go once he cut the lump out last week.  
Dr. Nair's nurse, Cathy, called and said that she conferred with him and he said the results of my biopsy was consistent with Myeloma.  Consistent with Myeloma.  What exactly does that mean was what I asked.  She said Dr. Nair will discuss that with me next Tuesday at my appointment.  Consistent with Myeloma means it is Myeloma rearing up it's ugly head (pun intended) again.

I contacted Desiree, my favorite oncology nurse, right away and asked if Dr. Sarriera had received the results and what he was saying about the results.  His comment was - our plan is not working.  Our plan needs to be adjusted again.  Our plan needs to knock out this damn Myeloma.  We have an appointment with Dr. Sarriera on Friday to see what his plan is for me.  It's so hard to believe that only 6 months after my transplant, this is happening again.  BUT, one thing that I have stressed several times in my blog, Myeloma can come back at anytime.  That is not curable but it is treatable.  So Dr. Sairriera, Abby, Desiree, Dr. Nair, Bill and I will find a plan for me to treat this horrible disease called Myeloma.  I am not ready to give it up.  I am not ready to call it quits.  I am not ready to sit back and let this get the better of me or Bill.  Yes, we are very upset with this new news.  Yes, we are not taking it so well.  Yes, we have to wait a few more days till we see Dr. Sarriera.  Yes, we are scared.  Yes, we have each other to lean on.  Yes, we are praying this new bout of Myeloma will be treated very quickly.

Questions.  Lots of questions.  How can my numbers look so good just 3 weeks ago?  How can my Myeloma be so minute that it's not measurable?  How can my M-spike be 0?  How can my light chains be in the normal range?  How can my IgE be almost normal?  How can all this be so good and now this?  How does that make sense?

Once I calmed down from the call, I headed to my sewing room.  My therapy room.  I sewed most of the afternoon.  I am working on some blocks from a You Tube person that I found.  She is awesome and I love doing her projects.  Just small simple things.  My therapy is my sewing.  Can't think about Multiple Myeloma and concentrate on sewing a straight 1/4 inch seam.

Quote:

Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.






5 comments:

  1. Kathy, I so love your positive attitude. It's not only refreshing but it is a testimony to all of those that are, or may someday go through something similar. People often wonder why God allows things like this to happen. The fact is that we are wonderfully and mysteriously made and surely by the hand of God. But we live in a fallen world that leaves us open to all things good and not so good. We don't know why He allows it and we may never know. I have heard people say that when they are called home that they are going to ask God why. Truth is that He may say "you don't need to know, just trust me." Bottom line is that we truly just need to know that we can trust him no matter what. That no matter what is what often gets us. So why? I don't know. But I do know that you make him smile with your strong will, your desire to fight, and your resolve to share your journey with steadfast courage. You my dear friend are an amazing women and you bring glory to God with your attitude against all odds. Kathy, we continue as always to pray for you and for Bill as you move forward together in this. Thanks for your heart to share and thanks for the example of strength the you and Bill are. I love you both so much. Praying, praying, praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! You got this! I'm sorry I am so far away!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid Myeloma. Love you - Keep up your awesome attitude and keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid Myeloma. Love you - Keep up your awesome attitude and keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got this cause you have quilts to make. Love you and Bill bunches

    ReplyDelete