Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Ben

Today, once again, I started cycle 6, week 1, day 1.   Last week, I wasn't able to start that cycle because my white blood count was so low.  It was charted at .9.   This week was charted at 4.2.  This is wonderful. That shows you what chemo (and maybe my antibiotics attributed to some) does.  Kills your good as well as your bad.  Guess this is why I have to have labs each Tuesday.  My bilirubin was high at 2.4.  So Dr. Sarriera lowered my dosage of Kyprolis drip today.

Today, once I got up, I told Bill that I almost felt like my normal self.  It has been 19 days since I have had any chemo drips or chemo pills.  Only thing I took was Dex (steroid).  No med head, no med stomach, no med tired, no med moods (only Dex moods) for several days in between my Dex side effects.  My normal self!!!  Well, that was short lived as I started back on the drip and pills today.
I will mention my normal self at my appointment with Dr. Sarriera.

Today, my baby turned 41.  She doesn't like to say she is that age though.  Kristopher just sent me a video and some pictures of her cake.  Made me very teary eyed.  Miss all my CO family. Happy birthday Bear.  We love and miss you much. And get this, Kerri's birthday box is in Omaha.  Yep. Lost again.

Tomorrow, I will blog again about my appointment with Dr. Sarriera and his plans for me.  I love these appointments because I have lots of questions to ask.  I have to put them on my notes on my phone so I don't forget them.  lol

Today, on the way to the Cancer Center, I got a call.  This call was a very thoughtful call.  I didn't recognize the number but answered because it said coming from Orlando.  Usually it's from someone at the Cancer Center.  I hear, hey Kathy this and we got cut off but not disconnected.  I hear, hey Kathy this is Ben from the IMF support group.  How are you doing?  You and Bill missed our last meeting and Carmela and I wanted to see if you were okay.  I explained why and he listened so thoughtfully without interrupting.  Because he is a Myeloma patient and knows how it is.  Then I asked how he was and when his transplant was scheduled.  I, in turn, listened like he did because I am a Myeloma patient and know how it is.  Doing okay and transplant is scheduled for April 2nd.  Be sure to keep this number for him and Carmela.  Call if we need anything at all.  Needs Bill and I to get back to the support meeting because Bill is the only one who can help him make the meeting more fun.  LOL.  Ben and Carmela!  So glad we found the IMF support group (thanks to Kristi) and Ben and Carmela along with the rest of the caregivers and their patients.

Quote:

Sometimes we need someone to simply be there.  Not to fix anything.  Just to let us feel that we are cared for and supported.






1 comment:

  1. 39 is a lot easier to say than 41.... just saying

    Ben. Keep Carmela’s number ... they may need your advice! You’ve been through it!!!
    Love you mom! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete