Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Yet I still love you.

Just need to add some additional info as to my last week.   Thursday, December 28th, coughed all day, coughing up stuff, no enegery or appetite.  Friday, much of the same.  Breathing so hard.  Finally, after begging from Kristi, Kerri and Michelle, we went to Urgent Care.  The doctor took one listen to my lungs and said - pneumonia.  Breathing treatment, inhaler, Zpack.  The rest of the week went pretty much the same.  Breathing was easier for sure.  A lot of coughing, sleeping when I could, along with the no energy and no appetite.

Called my care team Monday to report what had transpired over the last few days.  Needed to see if I could take my treatment if I had pneumonia.  Was told no.  I called in this morning and was told Desiree wanted a chest X-ray and an evaluation by the oncology nurse on 5LP.  Along with labs and they would make a decision as to the chemo treatment today.   Chest x-ray showed lungs were clear.  Yeah.  And it was okay to get my Kyprolis today and tomorrow.

Now I just have to take it easy and do only what I can and mend!!.  Not fun stuff for sure.  Don't think I was this tired once I came home from Moffitt.

On top of all this with me, Bill picked up something too. He went to our family doctor today and has the beginning of bronchitis.  So he is also on antibiotics.

I told Bill the other day that I felt bad that he is waiting on me hand and foot.  Making suggestions to try to get me to eat.  Keeping my water glass full, getting my pills ready, on and on.  Told him I am such a pain.  He listened and then said, "Yet I still love you"!

Quote:

Learn on each other's strengths.  Forgive each other's weaknesses.



2 comments:

  1. I love you, Bill not only for taking care of Kathy, but being such a wonderful person. Thank you for being there for us and especially for Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my Dad and his heart! So soooo very thankful for him! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete