Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Squirrel.

Today we started cycle 6, week 2, day 1.  Went pretty smooth.

Last week after my day 1 & 2 of week 1, things went pretty much the same.  Tuesday night,  had Kristi and the girls over for spaghetti. Tuesday is Dex day and even after the 11 Cytoxan pills that are to maybe make me tired and didn't) I was up for awhile.  Slept some and was up early.  Wednesday, up awhile again but not as long as my Tuesday nights.  Head felt dopey as usual.  Thursday, I usually feel okay but not this one.  Just felt dopey headed and a bit tired.  Friday, well as we know, was pretty much fatigued all day.  Not much going on that day.  Saturday, still dopey headed feeling.  Did have a meeting, didn't know I was having one, with the President and Treasurer of our HOA.  I am the secretary now.  You all knew I would get involved when I could.  I still like doing that stuff.  Saturday evening we were invited over to Michelle and Gery's for dinner and some cards.  Haven't been together since way before the holidays.  All four of us got sick around Christmas Eve and that did it.

And let me finish.  Sunday, rainy day, another dopey head.  Was in my sewing room off and on.  Working on another quilt.  Monday, just another fun day.  LOL.  Had my up and down days from the steroids.  Ask Bill.  My sinuses were bothersome as usual for a few days.  Then we start all over again week 2, day 1.  Then week 3.  Then a week off; which really turns out to be 13 days from treatment day to treatment day.  This is my life of treatments.  This is my life of Dex, Cytoxan, Kyprolis.  This is my life once my labs are read, approved and the Kyprolis starts.  This is my life as it has been for the last 6 months.  This is my life working to keep this cancer undetectable.  This is my life and this is a lot of Bill's life.

Back to cycle 6, week 2, day 1.  Labs were drawn.  Sent to room 4 with Mary.  Another oncology nurse we never have.  I will add her to another favorite.   Wait for lab results not so bad.  My WBC was good again.  My bilirubin was up but down from last week.  2.4 was last week's count.  This week is count is 1.7.  Since Dr. Sarriera has my limit set at 1.5, Mary had to put in a call to him to see if okay to administer the Kyprolis.  And he was at lunch.  Waited a bit more.  Approved and sent to pharmacy to mix.  Drip started, flush done and out of there around 2:45.  Stopped at Publix for a few things and home.  Tomorrow will be day 2 of week 2, cycle 6.

One more week of cycle 6 next week.  Bone marrow biopsy on the 9th.  Then appointment with Dr. Sarriera on the 14th to decided if more treatments or start of a maintenance plan once he reads the results of the biopsy.  This is my life.

Alarm on phone.  Time for my 11 Cytoxan chemo pills.  I will take them as soon as I fight back these tears.  This is my life.

Got them down.  Tears fought back.  This is my life.

We had a few really nice days last week.  Was able to open some windows and the "gathering room, so called by Bill's brother Mark" (family room) doors out to the screened patio.  Tommy loves to go out and lay on his "sunshine chair" as Bill calls it.  Loves to watch the birds and the squirrels.  Geckos are still hibernating.   I was watching a squirrel on the wall from the family room that seemed to be watching Tommy.  All of a sudden, it ran down the wall across the yard and jumped up on the screen.  Tommy was on the hunt.  I ran out screaming and clapping my hands and he ran up the screen on to the roof.  Tommy was ready.  Not sure who would of won the one and I surely do not ever, ever want to know.  

Quote:

Cancer affects us all whether you are a wife, daughter, mother, sister, friend, coworker, doctor, nurse or a patient.







No comments:

Post a Comment