Monday, May 21, 2018

Arlene.

Will not be starting my 8 hour treatment of Darzalex until Wednesday as of now.  My insurance company needs to have a "peer to peer" conversation with Dr. Sarriera or Abby and they are both off today.  Poor Desiree got to listen to me calling and emailing to get this straightened out.  Just wanted to know why I wasn't hearing from "Roy" the person that was handling my insurance at the Cancer Center, the 8th floor of the Cancer Center hospital with instructions,  Champa with my additional appointments.  Just wanted to know.  I am scared about this appointment anyway.  Didn't need additional stress.  So now I get to worry another day.  Wait, me worry?  To be continued.

A little about Darzalex.  It is a relatively new medication to treat Myeloma.  It is a monoclonal antibody.  This is an artificially manufactured antibody that is made in a laboratory rather than in the human body.  Designed to find and bind to cancer cells and/or immune system cells for treatment purposes.  These laboratory made antibodies target the single protein (CD38) on the surface of Myeloma cancer cells.  The Darzalex attacks and kills the myeloma cells.   There are side effects just like most other drugs.

I have mentioned in the past that Ken's (founder of our myeloma support group) second in command is Arlene.  Today I got a call from her just checking on me.  We missed the last meeting.  This is one of the reason I love this group.  A caring group that I am glad we are a part of.  My myeloma support group!!!

Quote:

The breath that you just took - that's a gift.










No comments:

Post a Comment