Friday, December 2, 2016

Baby Girl!

During this venture with my transplant etc, we became "waiting for the lab work, doctor, etc visits" with a great family only knowing them by Mary and Eddie.  A beautiful caring black couple about 10 years younger than us I think. Mary said she had been praying for me and Bill and prayed that they would see us again.   Eddie was the one with MM and his schedule for a BMT was around the same as mine.  Hadn't seen them for a while and today they walked in to the cancer center for treatment.  We were so happy to see them.  Eddie is a few days behind me feeling wise so I know where he is.  He also has neuropathy caused by Velcade.   I felt bad as I watched him struggle for some energy.  We both ended up in the treatment chairs next to each other (separated though).  Both needed potassium and fluids.  Both need them again for the next few days.  They live near the cancer center so they can go home each night.  What I am working towards.  What I need!!!  Mary gave me her phone number and told me if Bill needs a break, call her and she will get someone to stay with Eddie and come stay with me.   This is a "new" friend that I will keep in contact with once we leave Tampa (praying soon).  And she calls me "baby girl"!!!

Quote:

Make new friends but keep the old!!!


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you finally met up with them again! Hugs to them both and to my momma!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that even during all of this, you're still making new friends. That seems so Kathy to me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete