Sunday, December 11, 2016

Love being home.

It's been 5 days.  You never know how you appreciate your home until you been away for almost 30 days.  Those were the longest 30 days ever.   Especially the last week and a half.

I am getting stronger each day.  My energy level isn't much.  Slow going but going.  Walking around the pool several times twice a day.   This week I want to walk some in our neighborhood.   Just a few houses, then more, then more till I can walk the circle.   Eating has been a challenge.  Mashed potatoes have been my comfort food.  Bill did chicken on the grill and was able to eat that.  Tonight we made spaghetti.  Went down okay.  Missed eating it with my jar of jalapeño though.  Didn't think that was a good idea.  Drinking has been another challenge.  Could only drink Gator Aid.  If I get it from the refrigerator, I can now handle water.  Need to drink 64 oz. a day and am no were near that.  Going to make a smoothie tomorrow to see if I can drink that.  Not sure what I will put in it yet.

My Christmas has been cancelled this year.  Have our girls, sons-in-law and grandkids taken care of and that's what matters to us this year.  We will appreciate Christmas so much next year.  But this being said, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Quote:

The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you have come!








3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas isn't cancelled. It's just going to be different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can give you some smoothie recipes and Kristi can bring her vitamix over. I'll text her right now to discuss. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be a really special and memorable Christmas you will see!!! Thinking of you and praying you continue to gain your strength and appetite back! XXX

    ReplyDelete