Friday, December 16, 2016

Felt at home!

Today I had an appointment with my oncologist Dr. Sarriera.  Haven't seen him since October 10th. He reviewed my records from Moffitt.  Was pleased where I am.  Fluids still an issue but working on it.  Will continue to monitor me via blood work.  We discussed the probability of me going on a years maintenance of Revlimid (chemo pill) within 3 to 4 months.  This will be a very low dose as this is the drug that caused me to break out in hives and a rash very early on in my initial treatment plan.  All immunizations will be redone within 3 to 4 months.  I will continue to have my Zometa (bone strengthener) drip every 3 months.  Changed dosage on my Lyrica to help with my neuropathy.  Hope it helps.  Pray it goes away.  Next appointment with him will be January 17th.  Sent me for labs then.  Got an email later saying my magnesium level needed a boost.  7 days of over the counter magnesium oxide tabs will help that problem.   That was all he was concerned about for the labs today.  That's great.  Got to see Desiree before I left.  She is a ray of sunshine.

So glad to be back with my oncology team and my Cancer Center. Left there feeling I was at home.

Quote:

Every evening I turn my worries over to God.  He's going to be up all night anyway!







No comments:

Post a Comment