Thursday, March 9, 2017

Hair!

Today I started my Revlimid.  One today and none till next week.  This is my experimental rabbit program with Dr. Sarriera.  He is trying to desensitize me to Revlimid.  Hoping and praying his plan works as this is the only maintenance chemo pill he wants me to use.  Others have worse side effects. Will update as the program continues.

Yesterday started out as a pretty good day.  Around lunch time I started to feel a little light headed.  Sat down to eat lunch and just didn't feel too well.  Told Bill I was just going to go lay down.  He immediately got up to help me to the bedroom as I was beginning to feel like I was going to pass out.  He talked me through it and I didn't go completely out.  Laid down for a while.  Took my temp and that was okay.  Tried to take my blood pressure but my wrist is so small we couldn't get it to work.  Need a new one I guess.  The feeling passed in about 1/2 hour.  Not sure what could have caused it.  Will talk to Dr. Sarriera about it next week.  Just a fluke thing I am sure.  Haven't felt that way since.  But another worry for me.

I am so excited that my hair is growing.  It's only about 1/8 inch long but I can see it.  Mostly grey.  But you know, I don't care if it comes in purple, just come it.  It's nice not having to wash and dry my hair but I miss it.  And I am tired of wearing hats, scarves, turbans.  They are cute and all but enough!  LOL!  Someday I will take a picture and post it here.

Quote:

May you find the strength to face tomorrow in the love that surrounds you today!



No comments:

Post a Comment