Friday, June 9, 2017

Just Do It!

Today was my appointment with Dr. Nanda, Radiation Oncology.  Dr. Nanda read over my history and asked me lots of questions.  Then examined my head and the new lump.  We then discussed which tests Dr. Sarriera ordered and which ones I have completed.  Only the x-ray so far.
Dr. Nanda explained that although there may be cancer under where Dr. Nair removed the lump and the new lump is starting out the same way that one did, he would like to see all the results from the Pet Scan as well as the bone marrow biopsy.  He added an MRI of my scalp.

He and Dr. Sarriera are having these done to rule out the possibility of Myeloma attacking any where else in my body.  If any of them show Myeloma other than the scalp area of concern, my treatment will then go to chemo and not radiation.  Radiation, being localized, would not be the way to go if more shows.  If nothing else shows any Myeloma, he will discuss my case with a local review board of doctors regarding treatment.  If we go with radiation, it will be 10 treatments - every day for 5 days for 2 weeks.  Bill voiced our concerns over nothing happening as far as any treatments.  Both of us are very uneasy about this.  Dr. Nanda said that although it seems nothing is happening regarding a treatment starting now,  there are things happening moving us forward to a treatment plan.  The
x-rays, Pet Scan, MRI and bone marrow biopsy are all what's happening to help my team of doctors get the best plan possible for me whether that be chemo or radiation.  The wait is wearing on us but we understand what's needed here to proceed.

So please give me another prescription for Ativan for the MRI.  Bill is desperately looking for someone to take me to the Pet Scan and the MRI.  Just kidding.  He knows how I am going to get right before these two.  I know how I am going to get.  I already am feeling anxious.

Dr. Nanda will fit nicely with my other two doctors.  He is very soft spoken and was easy to talk to.  He seemed to understand our anxiety and was able to put us at ease a bit.  Dr. Sarriera, Dr. Nair
Dr. Nanda.  Glad I have them in my court.

The tests.  Monday we are clear until 5.  The Multiple Myeloma support group meeting.  Then we start:

Tuesday the 13th - bone marrow biopsy.
Wednesday the 14th - Pet Scan.
Friday the 16th -  Zometa drip
Monday the 19th - MRI
Thursday the 22nd - Dr. Sarriera
Thursday the 22nd - Vaccinations (5 of them)
Friday the 23rd - Dr. Nanda

I think there may be a day in there I can sew.  I will be sedated for the bone marrow biopsy and will use the Ativan for the Pet Scan and the MRI.  Those days are washes!!!

Just do it.  When Dr. Nanda ask me to get on the examine table, I looked down and noticed he was wearing black Niki sneakers.  Just struck me as funny.

Quote:

Dream as though you have nothing to lose.  Believe as though anything is possible.
Love as though your heart has no bounds.  Live as though there is only today.




No comments:

Post a Comment