Monday, February 5, 2018

Dee

Tomorrow starts my Cycle 6, week 3, day 1.  Then day 2 on Wednesday.  Maybe, just maybe, this will be my last cycle and I will be able to go on maintenance.  Bone marrow biopsy this Friday will be the deciding factor.  So we need not to find any Myeloma in the bone marrow.  I won't know that until I have my appointment with Dr. Sarriera on the 14th.  That's Valentine's Day so I am thinking he should have a big box of chocolates for me.

The weekend was pretty good for me.  Friday, of course, I was out of it most of the day.  Fatigue really sets in that day.  Saturday, just some sinus pressure and a dull headache.  Finally broke down and took a Tylenol.  Helped.  Michelle and Gery came over Saturday evening.  So nice that we are all no longer sick and can visit.  Was a long time, either we were sick or they were.  Sunday, good day.  Got a manicure and then went to pick up Mom.  She wanted to watch the game with me.  And boy did she watch it.  Such screaming, clapping, jumping up and down for an 87 year old!!!!  She, I guess you figured, was for the Eagles.  I said this before, but it amazes me how much she knows about football.  Past and present.  Monday, feel pretty good.  Took mom home and mailed some packages.  So my Saturday, Sunday and Monday were pretty decent days for me. And tomorrow, I start back on the Dex and chemo.  A few days of foggy head and just not feeling that great.  Looking forward to Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

With a heavy heart I have to say my sister-in-law, Dee, past away on Saturday, Feb 4th.  What a special lady she was.  We will miss her so much.  She loved her family and they were her first priority.  She loved her extended family.  Bill and I will not be able to attend the services because of my schedule of treatments and surgery on Friday.  Breaks my heart to no end.  I know my nephew Markie and niece Mitzi understand but it still hurts me.  Dee, I will miss you!!!

Quote:

Today will never come again.  Take time to care.  Let your words heal and not wound.


No comments:

Post a Comment