Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Murphy!

Today, Tuesday was my first day of maintenance.  As much as I have looked forward to being in remission, having all my labs good, biopsy good, I had a bit of trouble this morning knowing that I was once again starting chemo.  I have had a few days here that I felt almost normal.  No pills to worry about taking other then my Acyclovir, Lyrica and 3 vitamins I take in the morning.  No 10 steroids by 10:30 Tuesday morning.  No Cytoxan, my 11 chemo pills I take at 10 PM Tuesday nights.  No Kyprolis drips Tuesday and Wednesday.  No foggy head for a few days.  No insomnia from the steroids.  No fatigue on Friday and Saturday.  I knew I would have to do some sort of chemo for my maintenance plan but I guess I had hoped it would be in a pill form not a drip.  This damn Myeloma cancer lives in my somewhere and Dr. Sarriera felt the Kyprolis is keeping it at bay and wants to continue on with the drip.  I trust him and his decisions.  Just was a bit hard for me this morning.  I kept this all to myself so not to upset me to the point of tears (shared with one person) and upset Bill.
Just the way I was feeling one year and seven months later.  Believe me, I am not ungrateful!!

I feel better tonight as I write this.  I know that my maintenance plan is 1/3 of the chemo meds that I was taking.  So anxious to see what, if any, side effects I may have.  If anything, I feel the fatigue will hit but not as severe.  This plan has me only going once a week, Tuesdays, for three weeks and then one week off.  We can handle this.  This treatment will be monitored by my labs every 8 weeks, at which time I will have an appointment with Dr. Sarriera.  You know, it's nice knowing we don't have to travel to the Cancer Center tomorrow.

Today my appointment was at 1.  As we backed out of the garage, I noticed Murphy (Gery and Michelle's beautiful dog) was getting a bath.  He has a pretty kiddie pool as his tub.  Gery was washing him and we blew our horn.  Gery looks up and waves to another car that was going by not us.  Made me laugh and made some of my feelings disappear.  Thanks Murphy for needing a bath!!!  Extra treats for you.

Quote:

You have been assigned to this mountain to show others it can be moved.








2 comments:

  1. You’ve already moved that mountain! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, you on top of that mountain looking at all the hard work and strenght you and Bill pUT in, to get to this maintence which will keep you feeling normal...smile look around and know God is with you always to move that mountain!! Love you BFF..xo

    ReplyDelete